Plazomicinplazomicin, plazomicin fda approval
Plazomicin INN, codenamed ACHN-490 is a next-generation aminoglycoside "neoglycoside" antibacterial derived from sisomicin by appending a hydroxy-aminobutyric acid HABA substituent at position 1 and a hydroxyethyl substituent at position 6'
Plazomicin has been reported to demonstrate in vitro synergistic activity when combined with daptomycin or ceftobiprole versus methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus MRSA, vancomycin-resistant S aureus VRSA and against Pseudomonas aeruginosa when combined with cefepime, doripenem, imipenem or piperacillin/tazobactam It also demonstrates potent in vitro activity versus carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii
In 2012, US Food and Drug Administration granted fast track designation for the development and regulatory review of plazomicin
It is being developed by Achaogen, Inc to treat serious bacterial infections due to multidrug-resistant Enterobacteriaceae, including carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae CRE and is in Phase III clinical trials as of April 7, 2016
- Antimicrobial resistance
- ^ "WHO Drug Information, Vol 26, No 3, 2012 International Nonproprietary Names for Pharmaceutical Substances INN Recommended International Nonproprietary Names: List 68" PDF World Health Organization p 314 Retrieved 27 April 2016
- ^ Aggen, JB; Armstrong, ES; Goldblum, AA; Dozzo, P; Linsell, MS; Gliedt, MJ; Hildebrandt, DJ; Feeney, LA; Kubo, A; Matias, RD; Lopez, S; Gomez, M; Wlasichuk, KB; Diokno, R; Miller, GH; Moser, HE 30 August 2010 "Synthesis and Spectrum of the Neoglycoside ACHN-490" PDF Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 54 11: 4636–4642 doi:101128/AAC00572-10 PMC 2976124 PMID 20805391 Retrieved 27 April 2016
- ^ a b Zhanel, GG; Lawson, CD; Zelenitsky, S; Findlay, B; Schweizer, F; Adam, H; Walkty, A; Rubinstein, E; Gin, AS; Hoban, DJ; Lynch, JP; Karlowsky, JA 10 January 2014 "Comparison of the Next-Generation Aminoglycoside Plazomicin to Gentamicin, Tobramycin and Amikacin" Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy 10 4: 459–73 doi:101586/eri1225 PMID 22512755
- ^ García-Salguero, C; Rodríguez-Avial, I; Picazo, JJ; Culebras, E October 2015 "Can Plazomicin Alone or in Combination Be a Therapeutic Option against Carbapenem-Resistant Acinetobacter baumannii" PDF Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy 59 10: 5959–66 doi:101128/AAC00873-15 Retrieved 27 April 2016
- ^ "Achaogen Announces Plazomicin Granted QIDP Designation by FDA" GlobeNewswire, Inc Retrieved 27 April 2016
- ^ "Achaogen — Plazomicin" Achaogen, Inc Retrieved 27 April 2016
- ^ "Plazomicin — AdisInsight" Springer International Publishing AG Retrieved 27 April 2016
|This systemic antibiotic-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
plazomicin, plazomicin care trial results, plazomicin chemical structure, plazomicin clinical trials, plazomicin fda approval, plazomicin mechanism of action, plazomicin pdufa date, plazomicin pharmcology review, plazomicin side effects, plazomicin vs vabomere
Plazomicin Information about
Plazomicin viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.