Peter Sugarpeter sugarfoot cunningham, peter sugar
Peter Sugar January 1919 – December 5, 1999 was an American historian, known for his expertise in the history of East Central Europe, and a frequent speaker at international conferences during the Yugoslav wars of the 1990s Sugar was a recipient of a lifetime achievement Award for Distinguished Contributions to Slavic Studies from the American Association for the Advancement of Slavic Studies
- 1 Early life and education
- 2 Academic career
- 3 Selected works
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Early life and educationedit
Sugar was born in Budapest, Hungary, and earned a baccalaureate degree from Budapest's Lutheran Gymnasium He played ice hockey for Hungary's national team, and was a member of the Hungarian cavalry He relocated to Istanbul prior to the Second World War, where he learned the Turkish language and began to specialize in Southeast European studies During the war, still in Istanbul, he worked for the United States Army in the field of counterintelligence Sugar's service to the US army made him eligible to emigrate to the United States in 1946 He studied history at the City College of New York, obtaining an additional undergraduate degree in 1954 He enrolled in a doctoral program at Princeton University, receiving his PhD in history and Near Eastern studies in 1959
Sugar began a long-term career at the University of Washington in 1959, teaching European and Ottoman history In 1987 he was chosen as Instructor of the Year He retired on March 9, 1989 The mayor of Seattle, Charles Royer, declared that date to be "Peter Sugar Day" to honor Sugar's contributions over three decades as a professor at the university
- Southeastern Europe Under Ottoman Rule, 1354–1804 History of East Central Europe University of Washington Press 1983 ISBN 978-0-295-96033-3 Bulgarian edition – 2003, ISBN 954-533-054-6
- Deák, István 2000 "Peter F Sugar, 1919–1999" PDF Austrian Studies Newsletter University of Minnesota Center for Austrian Studies 12 2 Spring 2000: 8 Archived from the original PDF on June 28, 2007 Retrieved 2008-11-16
- Felak, James 2000 "Remembering Peter Sugar" PDF REECAS Newsletter University of Washington: Russian, East European and Central Asian Studies Center Spring 2000: 1 Retrieved 2008-11-16
- "UW History Professor Peter Sugar Dies At 80" The Seattle Times Seattle, WA: The Seattle Times Company 1999-12-08 Retrieved 2008-11-16
peter sugar, peter sugar architect, peter sugar baker, peter sugar foot sparring, peter sugar loaf boat sales, peter sugar unisys, peter sugarfoot cunningham, peter sugarfoot cunningham kickboxing, peter sugarloaf marina, peter sugarman
Peter Sugar Information about
Peter Sugar viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.