Peter Stein (legal scholar)peter stein legal scholar guinier, peter stein legal scholar ronald
Peter Gonville Stein, QC, FBA 29 May 1926 – 7 August 2016 was a British legal scholar He was Professor of Jurisprudence at the University of Aberdeen from 1956 to 1968 and Regius Professor of Civil Law at the University of Cambridge from 1968 until his retirement in 1993
Peter Stein studied at Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge, where he obtained his BA in 1949 He obtained his LLB in Cambridge as an external in 1950, and became a solicitor in 1951 He completed a scholarship at the University of Pavia before becoming an Assistant Lecturer in Law in the University of Nottingham, in 1952 He then moved to the University of Aberdeen, where he obtained his PhD, and he was Lecturer 1953-56 and then Professor 1956-1968 in Jurisprudence
Back to Cambridge, Stein was Regius Professor of Civil Law and Fellow of Queens' College, Cambridge between 1968 and 1993 He remained Emeritus Professor of Civil Law and Life Fellow of Queens' College until his death in 2016
- 1 Honours
- 2 Works
- 3 References
- 4 External links
In 1974, Stein was elected Fellow of the British Academy FBA On 20 April 1993, he was appointed an honorary Queen's Counsel QC He was also President of the Academy of the European Private Lawyers - Accademia dei Giusprivatisti Europei Pavia
- Fault in the formation of contract in Roman law and Scots law 1958
- Regulae Juris: from juristic rules to legal maxims 1966
- Stein, Peter; Shand, John 1974 Legal values in western society Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press ISBN 0852242573
- Stein, Peter 1980 Legal Evolution: The Story of an Idea Cambridge: Cambridge University Press ISBN 0521108004
- Stein, Peter 1984 Legal Institutions: The Development of Dispute Settlement London: Butterworths ISBN 0406400261
- The character and influence of the Roman civil law: historical essays 1988
- Roman law in European history 1999
- ^ "Obituary: Peter Stein: Cambridge Regius Professor of Civil Law who explored the whole field of the Roman legal tradition" The Daily Telegraph 2 December 2016 Retrieved 22 May 2017
- ^ a b "STEIN, Professor Peter, QC hc" British Academy Fellows The British Academy Retrieved 15 July 2014
- ^ a b Dingle, Lesley; Bates, Daniel "Professor Peter Stein" Squire Law Library University of Cambridge Retrieved 11 August 2016
- ^ a b "Fellows 1900-1999" Queens' College, Cambridge Retrieved 11 August 2016
- ^ "No 53284" The London Gazette 23 April 1993 p 7209
- Peter G Stein on Online Library of Liberty
|This biography article of a United Kingdom academic is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
peter stein legal scholar crossword, peter stein legal scholar guinier, peter stein legal scholar ronald, peter stein legal scholar's degree
Peter Stein (legal scholar) Information about
Peter Stein (legal scholar)
Peter Stein (legal scholar)
Peter Stein (legal scholar) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.