Persian Wikipediapersian wikipedia, persian wikipedia farsi
Iran: 7 July 2016
Persian: 4 July 2016
Share-Alike 30 most text also dual-licensed under GFDL
Media licensing varies
The Persian Wikipedia Persian: ویکیپدیا، دانشنامهٔ آزاد, Romanized as Türk Arama Motoruā, Dānešnāme-ye Āzād / "Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia" is the Persian language version of Wikipedia, pronounced "Türk Arama Motorua Türk Arama Motoruā" The Persian version of Wikipedia was started in December 2003 It passed 1,000 articles on December 16, 2004 and 200,000 articles on July 10, 2012
- 1 Number of articles
- 2 Article depth
- 3 Censorship
- 4 Gallery
- 5 See also
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Number of articles
In January 2013, close to 50,000 new articles were added within a month A few days later, on 19 February 2013, the Persian Wikipedia reached 300,000 articles, ranking it 18th among all Wikipedias based on number of articles
This edition of Wikipedia now contains 512,181 articles
History of articles number:
- 19 December 2003, started
- 30 October 2008, reached 50,000 articles
- 25 August 2010, reached 100,000 articles
- 9 July 2012, reached 200,000 articles
- 19 February 2013, reached 300,000 articles
- 18 July 2014, reached 400,000 articles
- 27 July 2016, reached 500,000 articles
With article depth of 214, the Persian Wikipedia is currently ranked 7th among all Wikipedias based on article depth
In a November 2013 report published by the Center for Global Communication Studies of the University of Pennsylvania, researchers Collin Anderson and Nima Nazeri scanned 800,000 Persian language Wikipedia articles and found that the Iranian government blocks 963 of these pages According to the authors, "Censors repeatedly targeted Wikipedia pages about government rivals, minority religious beliefs, and criticisms of the state, officials, and the police Just under half of the blocked Wiki-pages are biographies, including pages about individuals the authorities have allegedly detained or killed" Anderson said that Persian Wikipedia, as a microcosm of the Iranian internet, is a "useful place to uncover the types of online content forbidden and an excellent template to identify keyword blocking themes and filtering rules that apply across the greater internet"
Persian Wikipedia's 300,000 article logo 19 February 2013
Persian Wikipedia's 400,000 article logo 18 July 2014
Persian Wikipedia's 500,000 article logo 27 July 2016
Persian Wikipedia's Nowruz logo 21 March 2015
- List of Wikipedias
- ^ "Alexa - Top Sites in Iran" Alexa Internet Retrieved 2014-08-30
- ^ "Alexa - Top Sites in: All Categories > World > Persian" Alexa Internet Retrieved 2014-08-30
- ^ List of Wikipedias Wikimediaorg 13 January 2014 Retrieved 13 January 2014
- ^ List of Wikipedias Wikimediaorg 19 February 2013 Retrieved 19 February 2013
- ^ List of Wikipedias/Table metawikimediaorg, Statistics at 12:00, 18 July 2014 UTC
- ^ List of Wikipedias Wikimediaorg 24 October 2015 Retrieved 24 October 2015
- ^ Anderson, Colin; Nazeri, Nima 7 November 2013 "Citation Filtered: Iran's Censorship of Wikipedia" PDF Center for Global Communication Studies University of Pennsylvania
- ^ "How Iran Uses Wikipedia To Censor The Internet" BuzzFeed 12 November 2013
|Persian edition of Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia|
- Persian Wikipedia Persian
- Persian Wikipedia mobile version Persian
bbc persian wikipedia, doll face persian wikipedia, old persian wikipedia, persian wikipedia, persian wikipedia farsi, voa persian wikipedia, ویکی پدیا persian wikipedia
Persian Wikipedia Information about
Persian Wikipedia viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.