Pegasoferae is a proposed clade of mammals based on genomic research in molecular systematics by Nishihara, Hasegawa and Okada 2006
To the surprise of the authors, their data led them to propose a clade that includes bats order Chiroptera, carnivores such as cats and dogs order Carnivora, horses and other odd-toed ungulates order Perissodactyla and pangolins order Pholidota as springing from a single evolutionary origin within the mammals The name Pegasoferae was coined from the name of the mythological flying horse Pegasus to refer to bats and horses, and the term Ferae, encompassing carnivorans and pangolins According to this, the odd-toed ungulates' closest living relatives are the carnivorans Earlier theories of mammalian evolution would, for example, have aligned bats with the insectivores order Eulipotyphla and horses with the even-toed ungulates order Artiodactyla
Some subsequent molecular studies published shortly afterwards have failed to support it In particular, two recent studies, each combining genome-wide analyses of multiple taxa with testing of competing alternative phylogenetic hypotheses, concluded that Pegasoferae is not a natural grouping
- ^ Nishihara, H; Hasegawa, M; Okada, N 2006 "Pegasoferae, an unexpected mammalian clade revealed by tracking ancient retroposon insertions" Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 103 26: 9929–9934 doi:101073/pnas0603797103 PMC 1479866 PMID 16785431
- ^ Matthee, Conrad A; Eick, Geeta; Willows-Munro, Sandi; Montgelard, Claudine; Pardini, Amanda T; Robinson, Terence J 2007 "Indel evolution of mammalian introns and the utility of non-coding nuclear markers in eutherian phylogenetics" Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution 42 3: 827–837 doi:101016/jympev200610002 PMID 17101283
- ^ Springer, MS; Burk-Herrick, A; Meredith, R; Eizirik, E; Teeling, E; O'Brien, SJ; Murphy, WJ 2007 "The adequacy of morphology for reconstructing the early history of placental mammals" Systematic Biology 56 4: 673–684 doi:101080/10635150701491149 PMID 17661234
- ^ Kitazoe, Yasuhiro; Kishino, Hirohisa; Waddell, Peter J; Nakajima, Noriaki; Okabayashi, Takahisa; Watabe, Teruaki; Okuhara, Yoshiyasu 2007 Hahn, Matthew, ed "Robust Time Estimation Reconciles Views of the Antiquity of Placental Mammals" PLoS ONE 2 4: e384 doi:101371/journalpone0000384 PMC 1849890 PMID 17440620
- ^ Zhou, Xuming; Xu, Shixia; Xu, Junxiao; Chen, Bingyao; Zhou, Kaiya; Yang, Guang 2011 "Phylogenomic Analysis Resolves the Interordinal Relationships and Rapid Diversification of the Laurasiatherian Mammals" Systematic Biology 61 1: 150–164 doi:101093/sysbio/syr089 PMC 3243735 PMID 21900649
- ^ Tsagkogeorga, G; Parker, J; Stupka, E; Cotton, JA; Rossiter, SJ 2013 "Phylogenomic analyses elucidate the evolutionary relationships of bats Chiroptera" Current Biology 23 22: 2262–2267 doi:101016/jcub201309014 PMID 24184098
Pegasoferae Information about
Pegasoferae viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.