Paul McEuenpaul mceuen cornell, paul mceuen
Paul McEuen born 1963 is an American physicist He received his BS in engineering physics at the University of Oklahoma 1985, and his PhD in applied physics at Yale University 1991 After postdoctoral work at MIT 1990-1991, he became a professor at the University of California, Berkeley He moved to Cornell University in 2001, where he is currently the Goldwin Smith Professor of Physics He is one of the world experts on carbon nanotubes and is a member of the National Academy of Sciences
- 1 Research focus
- 2 Novel
- 3 Positions
- 4 Awards and fellowships
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Paul McEuen studies the electrical and mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes, scanning probe microscopy of nanostructures, molecular electronics, and applications of nanoelectronics in chemistry and biology His group publishes their work frequently in Nature and Science, and Paul has a Hirsch number of 53
McEuen wrote a scientific thriller, Spiral released in 2011, in which an emeritus Cornell biology professor is murdered as part of a plot involving a biological weapon, which received positive reviews by the New York Times and the Los Angeles Times The German translation became available on October 29, 2010 McEuen sold the movie rights for "Spiral" to Chockstone Pictures
- Goldwin Smith Professor of Physics, Cornell University, 2008-present
- Professor, Physics, Cornell University, 2001-present
- Associate Professor, Physics, University of California, Berkeley 1996-2000
- Assistant Professor, Physics, University of California, Berkeley 1992-1996
- Postdoctoral researcher, MIT 1990-1991
Awards and fellowships
- National Academy of Sciences 2011
- American Physical Society Fellow 2003
- Agilent Technologies Europhysics Prize 2001
- Packard Foundation Interdisciplinary Fellow 1999
- LBNL Outstanding Performance Award 1997
- National Young Investigator 1993-1998
- Packard Foundation Fellow 1992-1997
- Alfred P Sloan Foundation Fellow 1992-1994
- Office of Naval Research Young Investigator 1992-1995
- ^ http://wwwphysicscornelledu/people/faculty/page=website/faculty&action=show/id=27
- ^ http://wwwnewscornelledu/Chronicle/01/121301/McEuenhtml
- ^ http://wwwlasspcornelledu/news-detail/page=website/news&action=show/64
- ^ http://wwwlasspcornelledu/lassp_data/mceuen/homepage/researchhtml
- ^ http://wwwlasspcornelledu/lassp_data/mceuen/homepage/pubshtml
- ^ Calculated from Web of Knowledge on 1/22/11 http://appsisiknowledgecom/
- ^ Maslin, Janet 2011-03-13 "'Spiral,' Paul McEuen's Thriller, About a Cornell Professor" The New York Times ISSN 0362-4331 Retrieved 2012-11-09
- ^ Corwin, Miles 2011-04-18 "Book review: 'Spiral' by Paul McEuen" Los Angeles Times ISSN 0458-3035 Retrieved 2012-11-09
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 2010-12-04 Retrieved 2011-01-22
- ^ http://wwwdeadlinecom/2010/04/studio-book-buying-in-downward-spiral-leaves-dealmaking-room-for-producers/
- McEuen Lab Homepage at Cornell University
- Paul McEuen's Department of Physics Faculty Home Page, Cornell University
- McEuen wins 2001 Agilent Technologies Europhysics Prize for Outstanding Achievement in Condensed Matter Physics
author paul mceuen, paul mceuen, paul mceuen cornell, paul mceuen spiral, spiral by paul mceuen, spiral paul mceuen
Paul McEuen Information about
Paul McEuen viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.