Paul Krauspaul krause, paul kraus obituary
Paul Kraus born 1944 is a Holocaust survivor and mesothelioma patient Kraus was born in and survived a Nazi forced labor camp during World War II1 In 1997, Kraus was diagnosed with mesothelioma, a type of cancer caused by asbestos2 Despite his "terminal" diagnosis Kraus is considered to be the longest known mesothelioma survivor in the world3 Today, Kraus is a well known Australian author and cancer survivor whose writings focus on Australia, health, and spirituality4 His book Surviving Mesothelioma and Other Cancers: A Patient’s Guide is a best-selling book on the subject1
- 1 Viehofen Forced-Labor Camp
- 2 Mesothelioma
- 3 Selected Works
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Viehofen Forced-Labor Campedit
Clara Kraus, a Hungarian Jew had a two-year-old boy Peter and was pregnant with Paul Kraus when the Nazis shipped her and her child to Auschwitz5 Due to rail destruction by Allied bombing, the journey ended at a forced labor camp established in the Viehofen flood plain near St Pölten, Lower Austria6 Approximately 180 men, women and children lived in three barracks in the camp where they were used as slave labor for the state-owned Traisen-Wasserverband company in St Pölten and the surrounding area6
Paul Kraus was born in the camp on 20 October 19445 Inadequate nutrition, lack of hygiene, shootings by the SS, failed attempts to escape, and bombings by the Allied Forces caused many deaths at the camp6 Despite these conditions, Clara Kraus escaped with her toddler Peter and infant son Paul in January 1945 and survived a cross-country trek in winter to Clara’s home in German-occupied Budapest5 There she was reunited with her husband who survived imprisonment in the Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp whereupon the family immigrated to Australia after WWII5 As of today, there are only six living survivors of the Viehofen Forced-Labor Camp – Greta Balog, Olga Balog, Vera Mahler, Susan Fisher, Peter Kraus, and Paul Kraus6
Paul Kraus received his BA at Macquarie University and a Master of Arts and Education from the University of Sydney7 During a summer vacation as an undergraduate student, he worked adjacent to an asbestos factory and his clothes and body were covered with fine asbestos dust8 Decades later, he was diagnosed with peritoneal mesothelioma, the asbestos cancer9 Due to his advanced metastases, doctors gave him little hope and suggested he had only weeks to live910 Kraus pursued a course of integrative care combining modern medicine, traditional medicine, herbal medicine, and alternative medicine47
Over the last 30 years, Kraus has worked as an author and educator9 He has written several books including books co-written with Ian Gawler11
- Faith, Hope, Love and Laughter – How They Heal
- Not So Fabulous 50s: Images of a Migrant Childhood
- A New Australian, a New Australia
- Surviving Cancer: Inspirational Stories of Hope and Healing
- Prayers, Promises & Prescriptions for Healing
- Surviving Mesothelioma and Other Cancers: A Patient's Guide
- Mother Courage: From the Holocaust to Australia
- ^ a b Lewin, Natasha 8 May 2013 "Tales from a Survivor: An Interview with Author Paul Kraus" The Tolucan
- ^ Baillie, Rebecca 24 May 2001 "Keeping fit helps man beat deadly cancer" Australian Broadcasting Corporation Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ Branley, Alison 7 May 2013 "Survivor sees his illness as a 'gift'" Herald News Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ a b Dinneem, Martin 29 March 2008 "Stories Of Survival To Offer Inspiration" Newcastle Herald
- ^ a b c d Brown, Malcolm 16 February 2011 "Mother who escaped SS with her infants" The Sydney Morning Herald Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ a b c d Granski, Miki "The Viehofen Forced-Labor Camp 1944-5" PDF Mahnmal Viehofen Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ a b Kraus, Paul 2005 Surviving Mesothelioma and Other Cancers: A Patient's Guide Raleigh, North Carolina: Cancer Monthly, LLC ISBN 978-0-9772901-1-6
- ^ Surviving Mesothelioma and Other Cancers: A Patient's Guide, p 143
- ^ a b c Watson, Chad 7 June 2002 "Living Proof" Newcastle Herald Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ Roehrich, MB, BS, Dr Eckard "Foreword to Surviving Mesothelioma" Retrieved 12 May 2013 CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- ^ O’Connor, Michael November 2012 "Prayers, Promises & Prescriptions" Aurora 119 22: 23 Retrieved 7 May 2013
- Paul Kraus’ Mesothelioma Website
paul kraus jet midwest, paul kraus obituary, paul kraus surviving mesothelioma, paul krause, paul krause hall of fame, paul krause interception record, paul krause minnesota vikings, paul krause stats, paul krause vikings, paul krauss
Paul Kraus Information about
Paul Kraus viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.