Parviz Meshkatianparviz meshkatian, parviz meshkatian music
Parviz Meshkatian May 15, 1955 – September 21, 2009; Persian: پرويز مشكاتيان was an Iranian musician, composer, researcher and university lecturer
- 1 Biography
- 2 Discography
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Born in Nishapur, Meshkatian entered the Tehran Academy of Arts, where he studied music theory and was introduced to radif the Persian classical music repertoire by the masters Nour Ali Boroumand, Dariush Safvat, Mohammad Taghi Massoudieh, and Mehdi Barkeshli He focused on the radif of Mirza Abdollah for santur and setar
Meshkatian was one of the founding members of the Aref Ensemble, founded in 1977, as well as the Sheyda Ensemble He was also one of the founding members of the Chavosh Artistic and Cultural Foundation The Chavosh foundation has played a major role in the development of Iranian music for a few decades
Meshkatian toured Europe and Asia and regularly performed in countries such as France, Germany, England, Sweden, Netherlands, and Denmark In the spring of 1982 he published the book Twenty Pieces for Santour In spring of 1992 Meshkatian and the Aref Ensemble won the first prize of the Spirit of the Earth Festival in England Meshkatian's collaboration with Mohammad Reza Shajarian produced some of the most beautiful recordings of contemporary Persian traditional music While continuing his work as a composer and a researcher, Meshkatian was teaching music at Tehran University
Meshkatian died on September 21, 2009, in Tehran, of a heart attack
- ^ "Santur virtuoso Parviz Meshkatian passes away at 54" Tehran Times 22 September 2009 Retrieved 19 August 2010
- ^ "LesChartscom Parviz Meshkatian discography page" leschartscom Retrieved 2013-03-03
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Parviz Meshkatian|
- Official Website
- Santur virtuoso Parviz Meshkatian passes away at 54, in English, Mehr News Agency, Monday, 21 September 2009,
- Parviz Meshkatian, the Iranian musician and composer, died, in Persian, BBC Persian, Monday 21 September 2009,
- Meshkatian was a Santour prodigy, in Persian, Mehr News Agency, Monday, 21 September 2009,
- Funeral ceremony held for Parviz Meshkatian, in Persian, IRNA, Thursday, 24 September 2009,
Note: According to this report, after the ceremony in Tehran, the body of Parviz Meshkatian has been moved to Nishapur, where he will buried in a cemetery adjacent to the tomb of Attar Neyshabouri on Saturday 26 September 2009
- Mehdi Setāyeshgar, The Master of Eternal Mezrābs, in Persian, Jadid Online, Friday, 25 September 2009,
An audio slideshow by Bahār Navā'i, Jadid Online: 3 min
- Meshkatian burial ceremony of Meshkatian in Neyshabour september 2009
- Meshkatian tomb stone near Attar garden
- Meshkatian died: The mournful at the funeral ceremony of Meshkatian, a collection of 18 photographs, Mardomak, Friday, 25 September 2009,
- Albums Available at Amazon
parviz meshkatian, parviz meshkatian music
Parviz Meshkatian Information about
Parviz Meshkatian viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.