Pamela Blakepamela blake, pamela blake actress
Pamela Blake August 6, 1915 – October 6, 2009 was an American film actress who acted in almost 50 films She is known primarily for her roles in western films and serials
- 1 Early years
- 2 Film
- 3 Personal life
- 4 Death
- 5 Selected filmography
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Blake was born in Oakland, California as Adele Pearce, and performed under that name until 1942 Following her mother's death when Blake was 3 years old, she went to live with an uncle and aunt, William Bojorques and Gertrude Biddle-Bojorques in Petaluma, California Her secondary education came at schools in Petaluma and San Francisco
She went to Hollywood at age 17 after she won a beauty contest
Blake's film career lasted for a little over 15 years, with her starring mostly in B-movies Her first film role was uncredited, playing a bit part in the 1934 film Eight Girls on a Boat However, in 1938 she starred in the western The Utah Trail alongside Tex Ritter "It was terrible!" she said in later years "I never saw it and never wanted to" She also starred opposite John Wayne in the 1939 film Wyoming Outlaw This helped her to secure several other western acting roles, many times as the lead heroine
In 1939 she starred in five films, one of which was a crime drama, one a mystery, and one a western In total she had roles in some 54 films, as well as a number of starring roles in certain television series In 1946 she starred in Chick Carter, Detective Toward the end of her career, she mostly played parts in western genre films and television episodes, such as The Range Rider
Waco 1952 was Blake's last feature film, and her last role was in the 1954 television pilot, The Adventures of the Texas Kid: Border Ambush, which was later released as a film
In 1935, Blake was injured in an automobile wreck that might have ended her career A newspaper article in The Petaluma Argus-Courier in 1940 described her as having emerged from the wrecked car "with a neck badly torn and both eyes and cheeks badly mutilated" Plastic surgery helped her to return to acting
Blake married three times In 1936, she eloped to Yuma, Arizona, with actor Malcolm "Bud" Taggert They divorced in 1940 Her second marriage, in 1943, was to actor, television producer and writer Mike Stokey; it ended in divorce in 1948 They had one son, Mike Stokey II, and a daughter, Barbara Their son served as a 1st Marine Division combat correspondent during the Vietnam War, and who then began working in the film industry as a military technical advisor, having worked with, among others, Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks
In 1953, Blake moved to Las Vegas, Nevada, to retire and raise her two children She married John Canavan, an Air Force master sergeant, in 1983
Blake died of natural causes in a Las Vegas, Nevada care facility in 2009, at age 94
- Autumn Crocus 1934
- Wyoming Outlaw 1939
- Mr & Mrs Smith 1941
- Swing Fever 1943
- The Unknown Guest 1943
- Why Girls Leave Home 1945
- Live Wires 1946
- Partners in Time 1946
- The Sea Hound 1947
- Stage Struck 1948
- Ghost of Zorro 1949
- ^ a b c d "PASSINGS: Pamela Blake, Ben Ali" Chicago Tribune October 10, 2009 Archived from the original on July 10, 2017 Retrieved July 10, 2017
- ^ a b c d Magers, Boyd; Fitzgerald, Michael G 2004 Westerns Women: Interviews with 50 Leading Ladies of Movie and Television Westerns from the 1930s to the 1960s McFarland pp 40–45 ISBN 9780786420285 Retrieved 10 July 2017
- ^ "Pamela Blake" telegraphcouk London, UK October 26, 2009 Retrieved October 26, 2009
- ^ a b c Mayer, Geoff 2017 Encyclopedia of American Film Serials McFarland p 53 ISBN 9781476627199 Retrieved 10 July 2017
- ^ a b c "Adele Pearce, Petaluma Girl, Appears In "Pop Always Pays" At Calif Theatre This Week" The Petaluma Argus-Courier California, Petaluma August 13, 1940 p 5 Retrieved July 10, 2017 – via Newspaperscom
- ^ "Actress Sues Screen Lover" The Ogden Standard-Examiner Utah, Ogden International News Service 15 August 1940 p 14 Retrieved July 10, 2017 – via Newspaperscom
- ^ Lentz, Harris M III 2010 Obituaries in the Performing Arts, 2009: Film, Television, Radio, Theatre, Dance, Music, Cartoons and Pop Culture McFarland ISBN 9780786456451 Retrieved 10 July 2017
- Pamela Blake on IMDb
- Pamela Blake at AllMovie
- B-movie heroines, Pamela Blake
pamela blake, pamela blake actress, pamela blake facebook, pamela blake hot, pamela blake kelly obituary, pamela blake neurologist, pamela blake phd, pamela blake photos, pamela blake singer, pamela blakeney
Pamela Blake Information about
Pamela Blake viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.