Orosomucoidorosomucoid inflammation, orosomucoid amino acid composition
Orosomucoid ORM or alpha-1-acid glycoprotein α1AGp, AGP or AAG is an acute phase acute phase protein plasma alpha-globulin glycoprotein and is modulated by two polymorphic genes It is synthesized primarily in hepatocytes and has a normal plasma concentration between 06-12 mg/mL 1-3% plasma protein Plasma levels are affected by pregnancy, burns, certain drugs, and certain diseases, particularly HIV
The only established function of ORM is to act as a carrier of basic and neutrally charged lipophilic compounds In medicine, it is known as the primary carrier of basic positively charged drugs whereas albumin carries acidic negatively charged and neutral drugs, steroids, and protease inhibitors Aging causes a small decrease in plasma albumin levels; if anything, there is a small increase in alpha-1-acid glycoprotein The effect of these changes on drug protein binding and drug delivery, however, appear to be minimal AGP shows a complex interaction with thyroid homeostasis: ORM in low concentrations was observed to stimulate the thyrotropin TSH receptor and intracellular accumulation of cyclic AMP High AGP concentrations, however, inhibited TSH signalling
Alpha-1-acid glycoprotein has been identified as one of four potentially useful circulating biomarkers for estimating the five-year risk of all-cause mortality the other three are albumin, very low-density lipoprotein particle size, and citrate
Orosomucoid increases in amount in obstructive jaundices while diminishes in hepatocellular jaundice and in intestinal infections
- ^ Logan, Carolynn M; Rice, M Katherine 1987 Logan's Medical and Scientific Abbreviations Philadelphia: J B Lippincott Company p 3 ISBN 0-397-54589-4
- ^ a b c Colombo S, Buclin T, Décosterd LA, Telenti A, Furrer H, Lee BL, Biollaz J, Eap CB 2006 "Orosomucoid alpha1-acid glycoprotein plasma concentration and genetic variants: effects on human immunodeficiency virus protease inhibitor clearance and cellular accumulation" Clin Pharmacol Ther 80 4: 307–18 doi:101016/jclpt200606006 PMID 17015049
- ^ Urien S, Brée F, Testa B, Tillement JP 1991 "pH-dependency of basic ligand binding to alpha 1-acid glycoprotein orosomucoid" Biochem J 280 1: 277–80 PMC 1130632 PMID 1741754
- ^ Barash, Paul G 2009 Clinical Anesthesia p 879
- ^ Zimmermann-Belsing, T; Rasmussen, A K; Feldt-Rasmussen, U; Bøg-Hansen, T C 2002 "The influence of alpha1-acid glycoprotein orosomucoid and its glycoforms on the function of human thyrocytes and CHO cells transfected with the human TSH receptor" Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology 188 1–2: 241–51 doi:101016/s0303-72070100650-5 PMID 11911961
- ^ Dietrich, J W; Landgrafe, G; Fotiadou, E H 2012 "TSH and Thyrotropic Agonists: Key Actors in Thyroid Homeostasis" Journal of Thyroid Research 2012: 351864 doi:101155/2012/351864 PMC 3544290 PMID 23365787
- ^ Fischer, Kettunen, Würtz; et al 2014 "Biomarker Profiling by Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy for the Prediction of All-Cause Mortality: An Observational Study of 17,345 Persons" PLoS Medicine 11 2: e1001606 doi:101371/journalpmed1001606 PMC 3934819 PMID 24586121 CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- Orosomucoid at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings MeSH
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 9 is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
orosomucoid, orosomucoid 1, orosomucoid 2, orosomucoid amino acid composition, orosomucoid inflammation, orosomucoid test, orosomucoid-like 3, orosomucoide, orosomucoids
Orosomucoid Information about
Orosomucoid viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.