NYCLASS (New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets)6scn4UaTQQuK_vF0yfqCRA, ny class (new yorkers for clean livable and safe streets)
NYCLASS, which stands for New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets, is an animal rights organization based in New York City
- 1 NYCLASS and the 2013 New York City Election
- 2 About NYCLASS
- 3 Other NYCLASS issues
- 4 References
- 5 External links
NYCLASS and the 2013 New York City Electionedit
NYCLASS was a key member of the "Anybody but Quinn" coalition,1 also known as "NYC is Not For Sale," 2 that played a pivotal role in the New York City mayoral elections in 2013 in opposing the candidacy of Christine Quinn3 Quinn's support began to decline precipitously after the coalition's PAC began its efforts,4 which raised $14 million for its initial television ads5 NYC Is Not For Sale was the 4th largest independent spender in the New York City Elections, with NYCLASS own spending ranking 16th6 They endorseed Bill de Blasio in the general election After his landslide win, NYCLASS held a private fundraiser and awarded de Blasio a bronze horse7 NYCLass also endorsed other candidates such as Helen Rosenthal for City Council
In April 2014, a prominent New York newspaper reported that FBI was investigating NYCLASS for possible threats made against Christine Quinn during the mayoral race The FBI is looking into whether NYCLASS's tactics crossed the line to extortion8
In December 2014, NYCLASS was fined $26,054 by the NYC Campaign Finance Board for illegally coordinating independent expenditures on behalf of two 2013 City Council candidates Mark D Levine and Laurie Cumbo and for misrepresenting those expenditures as independent when, in the determination of the CFB, they were not9
In August 2017, NYCLASS announced the end of their crusade to ban the carriage horses from Central Park, instead re-focusing their efforts on proposals to improve the horses' working and living conditions “We achieved nothing, except perhaps created some bad will which we have to address, so obviously our strategy had to change,” said Wendy Neu, a main partner behind the effort, adding the group had been too antagonistic10
NYCLASS is a 501c4 non-profit animal rights organization committed to ending New York City's carriage horse industry NYCLASS advocates for retiring the carriage horses to sanctuary,11 while modernizing the current industry with their alternative - an electric car called "the 21st Century Horseless Carriage"12 Founded in 2008 by a coalition of prominent animal lovers and business leaders, NYCLASS has grown to over 110,000 supporters with activist chapters in all five boroughs
The Central Park Conservancy, which manages Central Park, has spoken out against the electric car proposed by NYCLASS13 The President and CEO of the Conservancy, Doug Blonsky stated "Forty million people visit Central Park each year, including runners, bicyclists, kids and dog owners Adding vehicles to the mix will make the park less safe for all of them and increase congestion"14
Other NYCLASS issuesedit
NYCLASS also advocates for banning puppy mills, the sale of foie gras, and the sale of all animals in pet stores unless they come from a rescue or animal shelter They support both reforming and increasing funding for the Animal Care & Control of New York City, building full service animal shelters in the Bronx and Queens, and protecting a tenant's right to have a companion animal as well as urban wild geese They support funding humane animal education in public schools, mandating fire sprinklers in pet stores They are against the use of animals in entertainment, circuses, and rodeos
- ^ "Anti-Quinn Group Set for Two Final Weeks of Battle" The Epoch Times 30 August 2013
- ^ https://wwwnytimescom/2013/04/08/nyregion/outside-group-starts-spending-to-block-quinnhtml
- ^ Jill Colvin "Democratic Horse Activists Ready to Back Lhota Over Quinn" Observer
- ^ http://wwwnydailynewscom/new-york/pac-pummels-nyc-mayor-wannabe-quinn-article-11386683
- ^ "'NYC Is Not For Sale' TV Ads Target Christine Quinn" The Huffington Post
- ^ http://wwwcommoncauseorg/atf/cf/%7BFB3C17E2-CDD1-4DF6-92BE-BD4429893665%7D/Common%20Cause%20NY%20--%20Analysis%20of%20IEs%20in%20NYCpdf
- ^ "De Blasio attends anti-horse-carriage fundraiser - Capital New York" capitalnewyorkcom
- ^ http://wwwnydailynewscom/news/politics/exclusive-fbi-probe-expands-de-blasio-mayoral-campaign-article-11769448
- ^ Ross Barkan "NYCLASS Hit With 'Severe' $26,000 Fines - Observer" Observer
- ^ Jillian Jorgensen "NYCLASS ends fight for ban on Central Park carriage horses" New York Daily News
- ^ "Allie Feldman: NYCLASS Fights For NYC Horses" wordpresscom
- ^ http://cityroomblogsnytimescom/2011/10/07/meet-the-contraption-that-wants-to-replace-central-park-horses/_r=0
- ^ http://wwwnydailynewscom/new-york/central-park-conservancy-cars-poor-alternative-horses-article-11759280
- ^ "Old timey car to replace NYC horse carriages shown" Fox News
- NYCLASS Website
- NYC Is Not For Sale page at the New York State Board of Elections
6scn4UaTQQuK_vF0yfqCRA, ny class (new yorkers for clean livable and safe streets)
NYCLASS (New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets) Information about
NYCLASS (New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets)
NYCLASS (New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets)
NYCLASS (New Yorkers for Clean, Livable, and Safe Streets) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.