Nutrient agarnutrient agar, nutrient agar plates
Nutrient agar is a general purpose medium supporting growth of a wide range of non-fastidious organisms It typically contains mass/volume:
- 05% Peptone - this provides organic nitrogen
- 03% beef extract/yeast extract - the water-soluble content of these contribute vitamins, carbohydrates, nitrogen, and salts
- 15% agar - this gives the mixture solidity
- 05% Sodium Chloride - this gives the mixture proportions similar to those found in the cytoplasm of most organisms
- distilled water - water serves as a transport medium for the agar's various substances
- pH adjusted to neutral 68 at 25 °C
These ingredients are combined and boiled for approximately one minute to ensure they are mixed and to sterilize them Then they are cooled to around 50 °C 122 °F and poured into Petri dishes which are covered immediately Once the dishes hold solidified agar, they are stored upside down and are often refrigerated until used Inoculation takes place on warm dishes rather than cool ones: if refrigerated for storage, the dishes must be rewarmed to room temperature prior to inoculation
- Plate count agar
- Bacterial growth
- ^ American Public Health Association, American Chemical Society, Association of Official Agricultural Chemists 1920 Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Sewage American public health association p 95 CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- Lapage S, Shelton J and Mitchell T, 1970, Methods in Microbiology', Norris J and Ribbons D, Eds, Vol 3A, Academic Press, London
- MacFaddin J F, 2000, Biochemical Tests for Identification of Medical Bacteria, 3rd Ed, Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore
- Downes F P and Ito K, Ed, 2001, Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods, 4th Ed, American Public Health Association, Washington, DC
- American Public Health Association, Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products, 1978, 14th Ed, Washington DC
|This microbiology-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
nutrient agar, nutrient agar composition, nutrient agar himedia, nutrient agar microbiology, nutrient agar plates, nutrient agar powder, nutrient agar preparation, nutrient agar recipe, nutrient agar selective or differential, nutrient agar slant
Nutrient agar Information about
Nutrient agar viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.