Nouvelle histoirenouvelle histoire, nouvelle histoire de l'antiquité
The term new history from the French term nouvelle histoire, was coined by Jacques Le Goff1 and Pierre Nora, leaders of the third generation of the Annales School, in the 1970s The movement can be associated with cultural history, history of representations and histoire des mentalités2
The new history movement's inclusive definition of the proper matter of historical study has also given it the label total history The movement was contrasted with the traditional ways of writing history which focused on politics and 'great men' The new history rejected any insistence on composing historical narrative; an over-emphasis on administrative documents as basic source materials; concern with individuals' motivations and intentions as explanatory factors for historical events; and the old belief in objectivity
The approach was rejected by Marxist historians because it downplayed what Marxists believed was the central role of class in shaping history3
- 1 Teaching history in the schools
- 2 Germany
- 3 See also
- 4 Notes
- 5 Further reading
Teaching history in the schoolsedit
The teaching of history in French schools was influenced by the Nouvelle Histoire, as disseminated in the 1960s and 1970s by Cahiers pédagogiques and Enseignement and other journals for teachers Also influential was the Institut national de recherche et de documentation pédagogique INRDP Joseph Leif, the Inspector-general of teacher training, said pupils should learn about historians’ approaches as well as facts and dates Louis François, Dean of the History/Geography group in the Inspectorate of National Education advised that teachers should provide historic documents and promote "active methods" which would give pupils "the immense happiness of discovery" Proponents said it was a reaction against the memorization of names and dates that characterized teaching and left the students bored Traditionalists protested loudly it was a postmodern innovation that threatened to leave the youth ignorant of French patriotism and national identity4
The "Nouvelle histoire" became controversial after 1945 in German historiography, where it especially influenced medieval studies5 However most German historians considered the approach too positivistic for their taste, and not philosophical enough6
- ^ Miri Rubin, The work of Jacques Le Goff and the challenges of medieval history 1997
- ^ Mucchielli, 1995
- ^ G Bois, "Marxisme et histoire nouvelle", in Le Goff, ed Nouvelle Histoire, 375–93
- ^ Abby Waldman, "The Politics of History Teaching in England and France during the 1980s", History Workshop Journal Issue 68, Autumn 2009 pp 199–221 online
- ^ Lutz Raphael, Die Erben von Bloch und Febvre: Annales-Geschichtsschreibung und nouvelle histoire in Frankreich 1945–1980 Stuttgart, 1994
- ^ Miri Rubin, The Work of Jacques Le Goff and the Challenges of Medieval History 1997 p 81
- Burguière, André The Annales School: An Intellectual History 2009
- Burke, Peter The French Historical Revolution: The Annales School 1929–89, 1990, the major study in English excerpt and text search
- Dosse, F L'Histoire en miettes: Des “Annales” à la “nouvelle histoire” Paris, 1987
- Le Goff, Jacques, Roger Chartier, and Jacques Revel, eds La nouvelle histoire Paris 1978, scholarly essays using the new methods
- Mucchielli, Larent "Aux origines de la Nouvelle Histoire", Revue de Synthesis 1995 1:55-98
- Raphael, Lutz Die Erben von Bloch und Febvre: Annales-Geschichtsschreibung und nouvelle histoire in Frankreich 1945–1980 Stuttgart, 1986
- Rubin, Miri The Work of Jacques Le Goff and the Challenges of Medieval History 1997
nouvelle histoire, nouvelle histoire de l'antiquité, nouvelle histoire de l'eglise, nouvelle histoire de la france contemporaine, nouvelle histoire de mouchette, nouvelle histoire romaine ferrero
Nouvelle histoire Information about
Nouvelle histoire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.