Nodular fasciitisnodular fasciitis, nodular fasciitis in dogs
Nodular fasciitis, also known as nodular pseudosarcomatous fasciits,1 pseudosarcomatous fasciitis,2 and subcutaneous pseudosarcomatous fibromatosis,1:992 is a benign3 soft tissue lesion most commonly found in the superficial fascia The lesion commonly occurs in the first three decades of life Upper extremities and trunk are the most common affected anatomical sites Previous history of trauma may be present Clinically and histologically, nodular fasciitis may be mistaken for a sarcoma
- 1 Cause and clinical course
- 2 Histology
- 3 See also
- 4 References
Cause and clinical courseedit
Until recently, nodular fasciitis have been considered a reactive process of uncertain cause4 However, recent findings indicate that nodular fasciitis is a self-limited clonal neoplastic process see below Clinically, nodular fasciitis presents as a subcutaneous "growth" over a period of 3–6 weeks that eventually regresses The lesion usually reaches a size of 2–3 cm Larger lesions are unusual Local recurrence has been described after simple surgical excision but it is rare
- Histologically vast array of patterns
- Short S-shaped fascicles, inflammation, accelerated mitotic index with normal mitoses
- Essentially spindle cell proliferation
- Stroma is rich in collagen and/or myxoid ground substance
- List of cutaneous conditions
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumour
- ^ a b Freedberg, et al 2003 Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine 6th ed McGraw-Hill ISBN 0-07-138076-0
- ^ Rapini, Ronald P; Bolognia, Jean L; Jorizzo, Joseph L 2007 Dermatology: 2-Volume Set St Louis: Mosby ISBN 1-4160-2999-0
- ^ Sailon AM, Cappuccino G, Hameed M, Fleegler EJ 2008 "Nodular fasciitis of the hand over the metacarpophalangeal joint: a case report" Eplasty 8: e38 PMC 2491338 PMID 18725954
- ^ Oliveira AM, Chou MM USP6-induced neoplasms: the biologic spectrum of aneurysmal bone cyst and nodular fasciitis Hum Pathol 2013 Jun 11 doi:pii: S0046-81771300116-0 doi:101016/jhumpath201303005 PMID 23769422
|Not otherwise specified||
|Connective tissue neoplasm||
|Complex mixed and stromal||
nodular fasciitis, nodular fasciitis histology, nodular fasciitis in dogs, nodular fasciitis lower leg, nodular fasciitis of the foot, nodular fasciitis on rats, nodular fasciitis pathology outlines, nodular fasciitis pictures, nodular fasciitis radiology, nodular fasciitis treatment
Nodular fasciitis Information about
Nodular fasciitis viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.