Nicholas Hastiejohn hastie, john hastie greenock ship wheel
Professor Nicholas Dixon Hastie born 1947 CBE, FRS, FRSE is a British geneticist, and Director of the MRC Human Genetics Unit at the University of Edinburgh
Hastie was educated at the University of Liverpool and the University of Cambridge
Awards and honours
Hastie was elected a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2002 His nomination reads
|“||Distinguished for his original and varied contributions to mammalian developmental genetics, genome organisation and gene expression His early work established the abundance of messenger RNAs during mouse development, and led to the cloning of several genes that are expressed specifically in the liver Further studies of the serpin gene family uncovered the first clear example of "accelerated protein evolution" At this time he also identified several novel repetitive elements in the mouse genome His group was the first to characterise mammalian telomeres, and to demonstrate telomere shortening with age in man Nick Hastie's current work is focused on human developmental mutations, notably Wilm's tumour and Aniridia His group demonstrated that aniridia, and the mouse equivalent, smalleye, are caused by mutations in the PAX6 gene He continues to make incisive contributions to our understanding of the role of WT1, the candidate Wilm's Tumour gene, in development of the kidney and gonad||”|
Hastie was also a member of the Faculty of 1000
- ^ "HASTIE, Prof Nicholas Dixon Anne" Who's Who 2014, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 2014; online edn, Oxford University Press subscription required
- ^ http://wwwhgumrcacuk/people/nhastiehtml
- ^ http://wwwhgumrcacuk/about_the_unit_section/directorhtml
- ^ Hill, R E; Favor, J; Hogan, B L; Ton, C C; Saunders, G F; Hanson, I M; Prosser, J; Jordan, T; Hastie, N D; Van Heyningen, V 1991 "Mouse small eye results from mutations in a paired-like homeobox-containing gene" Nature 354 6354: 522–5 doi:101038/354522a0 PMID 1684639
- ^ Alan Wright, Nicholas Hastie, eds 2007 Genes and common diseases Cambridge University Press ISBN 978-0-521-83339-4 CS1 maint: Uses editors parameter link
- ^ Nicholas Hastie's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier subscription required
- ^ Hastie, N D; Dempster, M; Dunlop, M G; Thompson, A M; Green, D K; Allshire, R C 1990 "Telomere reduction in human colorectal carcinoma and with ageing" Nature 346 6287: 866–8 doi:101038/346866a0 PMID 2392154
- ^ Teslovich, T M; Musunuru, K; Smith, A V; Edmondson, A C; Stylianou, I M; Koseki, M; Pirruccello, J P; Ripatti, S; Chasman, D I; Willer, C J; Johansen, C T; Fouchier, S W; Isaacs, A; Peloso, G M; Barbalic, M; Ricketts, S L; Bis, J C; Aulchenko, Y S; Thorleifsson, G; Feitosa, M F; Chambers, J; Orho-Melander, M; Melander, O; Johnson, T; Li, X; Guo, X; Li, M; Shin Cho, Y; Jin Go, M; et al 2010 "Biological, clinical and population relevance of 95 loci for blood lipids" Nature 466 7307: 707–13 doi:101038/nature09270 PMC 3039276 PMID 20686565
- ^ Pritchard-Jones, K; Fleming, S; Davidson, D; Bickmore, W; Porteous, D; Gosden, C; Bard, J; Buckler, A; Pelletier, J; Housman, D; Van Heyningen, Veronica; Hastie, Nicholas 1990 "The candidate Wilms' tumour gene is involved in genitourinary development" Nature 346 6280: 194–7 doi:101038/346194a0 PMID 2164159
- ^ Hastie, N 2012 "Linking genetics with biology in disease research: An interview with Nick Hastie" Disease Models & Mechanisms 5 2: 151–4 doi:101242/dmm009605 PMC 3291636 PMID 22382364
- ^ Hastie, Nicholas 1973 The role of the nucleus in influenza virus replication PhD thesis University of Cambridge
- ^ "EC/2002/13: Hastie, Nicholas Dixon" London: The Royal Society Archived from the original on 2014-03-31
- ^ http://f1000com/thefaculty/member/1997201914387413
|List of Fellows of the Royal Society|
john hastie, john hastie & company ships wheel, john hastie birthday, john hastie birthplace, john hastie greenock ship wheel, john hastie museum, john hastie museum strathaven, john hastie ships wheels for sale, john hastie steering gear, john hastie upper arlington oh
Nicholas Hastie Information about
Nicholas Hastie viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.