Ngaruroro Riverngaruroro river nz, ngaruroro river
The Ngaruroro River is located in the eastern North Island of New Zealand It runs for a total of 164 kilometres southeast from the Kaweka Range, Kaimanawa Range and Ruahine Range and then east before emptying into Hawke Bay roughly halfway between the cities of Napier and Hastings, near the town of Clive drainage area 2,0001 square kilometres above Tutaekuri River confluence The river is mostly a single-thread channel down to Whanawhana 45 kilometers from the coast, flowing through a greywacke rock gorge Below Whanawhana, the river opens to wide braided channel2 The Ngaruroro shares a river mouth with the Tutaekuri, Clive River and Muddy Creek The meeting of these rivers forms the Waitangi Estuary3
The Ngaruroro is one of several rivers that helped form the alluvial Heretaunga Plains at the south end of the coast of Hawke Bay The course of the Ngaruroro has changed several times, originally flowing down what is now the Clive River It changed to much of its present course in 1867 during a major flood In 1969, the bottom 4 km of river was diverted more directly to the coast near Pakowhai Road in an effort to reduce flooding The Karamu and Clive remain as rivers, but drain a smaller catchment
About 40% of the catchment is pasture, and 55% native forest4
The upper-Ngaruroro drains the Kaweka Forest Park and it is used for trout fishing mostly rainbow,5 rafting, tramping and deer hunting
The Ngaruroro River recharges freshwater to the Heretaunga groundwater aquifer in the order of 4 cubic metres per second6 This aquifer feeds several streams in the area eg Raupare, Irongate, in addition to pumping that supports extensive orchards of the Heretaunga Plains Eventually the aquifer discharges to the sea in submarine springs some 20 km off the coast7
The meaning of Ngaruroro is obscure6
- ^ "Browser not supported | Koordinates" koordinatescom Retrieved 2016-07-23
- ^ http://wwwhydrologynzorgnz/downloads/JoHNZ_1977_v16_2_Grantpdf
- ^ http://wwwhbrcgovtnz/Hawkes-Bay/Recreation/Pages/Waitangi-Estuaryaspx
- ^ "REC New Zealand - Ministry for the Environment MfE | New Zealand | GIS Map Data | Koordinates" Archived from the original on 2013-02-20 Retrieved 2016-07-23
- ^ http://hawkesbayfishandgameorgnz/sites/default/files/Ngaroro_1pdf
- ^ a b "NGARURORO RIVER – Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand" tearagovtnz Retrieved 2016-07-23
- ^ Grant, PJ 1965 The groundwaters of the Heretaunga Plains - the Ngaruroro River as a major recharge source Journal of Hydrology NZ Vol 4:65-80; http://wwwhydrologynzorgnz/downloads/JoHNZ_1965_v4_2_Grantpdf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ngaruroro River|
Coordinates: 39°34′S 176°56′E / 39567°S 176933°E / -39567; 176933
|This article about a river in the Hawke's Bay Region is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
ngaruroro river, ngaruroro river nz
Ngaruroro River Information about
Ngaruroro River viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.