Neustria (Italy)neustria france
Neustria was, according to the early medieval geographical classification, the western portion of Langobardia Major, the north-central part of the Lombard Kingdom, extended from the Adda river to the Western Alps and opposed to Austria The bipartition, emerged during the 7th century, was not only in territorial area, but also implies significant cultural and political differences
- 1 Territory
- 2 History
- 3 References
- 4 Bibliography
- 41 Primarie sources
- 42 Storiographic literature
- 5 See also
The Neustria included the duchies of the north-western Lombard Kingdom, among them a prominent role was played by
- Duchy of Pavia home of the Lombard royal court
- Duchy of Asti
- Duchy of Turin
The duchies of Neustria were long the most loyal to the Bavarian dynasty, accepting both the pro-Catholic inspiration and the consequent policy of appeasement of Italy, without further attempts to expand against the Byzantines and the pope In the 8th century, however, the widespread conversion of the Lombards to Catholicism smoothed the opposition between Austria and Neustria, thanks to a revived expansion at the expense of the Byzantine Empire with the Catholic and Neustrian Liutprand king from 712
After the fall of the Lombard kingdom in 774, the Langobardia Maior fell entirely under the dominion of the Franks Its political-administrative structure was not disrupted, however, instead of the dukes, Frank but also Lombard counts were settled
- Origo gentis Langobardorum, ed Georg Waitz in Monumenta Germaniae Historica SS rer Lang
- Paul Deacon, Historia Langobardorum Storia dei Longobardi, cura e commento di Lidia Capo, Lorenzo Valla/Mondadori, Milan 1992
- Lidia Capo Comment to Deacon, Paul 1992 Storia dei Longobardi in Italian curator:Lidia Capo Milan:Lorenzo Valla/Mondadori ISBN 88-04-33010-4
- Jarnut, Jörg 2002 Storia dei Longobardi in Italian Torino:Einaudi ISBN 88-464-4085-4
- Rovagnati, Sergio 2003 I Longobardi in Italian Milano:Xenia ISBN 88-7273-484-3
- Langobardia Major
- Langobardia Minor
- Austria Lombard
- Lombard Kingdom
Neustria (Italy) Information about
Neustria (Italy) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge.The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.