Neelakuyilneelakuyil serial, neelakuyil
Manavalan Joseph Abin VC
- 22 October 1954 1954-10-22
Neelakuyil error: }: text has italic markup help; Malayalam: നീലക്കുയിൽ is a 1954 Malayalam film jointly directed by P Bhaskaran and Ramu Kariat It is a neo-realistic melodrama and was based on a story written by Uroob who co-wrote the screenplay and dialogues along with P Bhaskaran Neelakuyil tells the story of the love affair of a Dalit girl and an educated, high caste school teacher It stars Sathyan, Miss Kumari, Prema, P Bhaskaran and Master Vipin Many of the actors including Sathyan debuted through this film
Neelakuyil was a landmark film in Malayalam cinema history that paved a new path for Malayalam cinema by breaking away from the earlier tradition of adapting plots from Hindi films for making Malayalam films, of which the story or the characters could never be identified with the culture of Kerala Based on a story by famous Malayalam writer Uroob, Neelakuyil had dialogues with local accent, and the script’s hard-hitting dialogues flay social evils such as untouchability, feudalism, and injustice towards women It features an acclaimed cinematography by A Vincent and a successful musical score by K Raghavan It won the All India Certificate of Merit for Best Feature Film, and the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Malayalam, thus becoming the first nationally recognized Malayalam film The lead performances and the narrative style was also noted
Most of its shooting was done outdoors and it captured images of the rural, agrarian Kerala, its vast paddy fields, the life of the peasants and the feudal society
- 1 Plot
- 2 Cast
- 3 Awards
- 4 Songs
- 5 References
- 6 Further reading
- 7 External links
The plot revolves around rustic life in a small village Neeli Miss Kumari, a Dalit peasant girl, falls in love with Sreedharan Nair Sathyan, a school teacher Neeli becomes pregnant Sreedharan Nair refuses to marry Neeli as he fears being ostracized by a conservative society Neeli becomes an outcaste and dies in child birth Sankaran Nair PBhaskaran, the village postman, adopts the child ignoring the protests of society Sreedharan Nair marries Nalini Prema, a member of an aristocratic family Neeli’s son Mohan Master Vipin is brought up by the postman The film ends with Sreedharan Nair and Nalini accepting the boy as their own child
- Sathyan as Sreedharan Nair
- Miss Kumari as Neeli
- Prema Menon as Nalini
- Master Vipin Vipin Mohan, who is now a popular cinematographer as Mohan
- P Bhaskaran as Shankaran Nair, the postmaster
- Ramankutty Menon as the feudal lord
- Manavalan Joseph
- Balakrishna Menon
- JAR Anand
- Kodungalloor Amminiyamma
- Paravoor Bharathan cameo role
AwardsNational Film Awards
- 1954 - All India Certificate of Merit for Best Feature Film
- 1954 - President's Silver Medal for Best Feature Film in Malayalam
There are nine songs, scored by K Raghavan and penned by P Bhaskaran, which are regarded as a milestone in Malayalam film music history Before Neelakuyil, Malayalam film music was copied from Hindi and Tamil film songs It was K Raghavan, who was on his debut through this film, who introduced Malayali folk music into films The songs included Mappilappattu Islamic music, koyithupattu harvest song, a traditional prayer, romantic melodies, all of which followed the folk traditions of the State The songs are choreographed by Guru Gopalakrishnan Kodungallur
The popular songs from the film are "Ellarum Chollanu Ellarum Chollanu" Janamma David, "Kayalarikaathu Vala Erinjappol" K Raghavan, "Unarunaroo Unnikanna" Shantha P Nair, "Sarasa Sama Daana Bheda" based on a Tyagaraja composition in Kaapi Narayani raga, "Kadalasu Vanchi Eri" Kozhikode Pushpa, "Maanennum vilikkilla" Mehboob, "Kuyiline Thedi" Janamma David and "Engane Nee Marakkum Kuyile" Kozhikode Abdul Kader
- ^ a b c d e f g Saraswathy Nagarajan 21 April 2004 "A man and two milestones" The Hindu Retrieved 2010-12-28
- ^ a b "A milestone movie" The Hindu 26 November 2004 Retrieved 2010-12-28
- ^ "Neelakuyil - The Blue Cuckoo 1954" Cinemaofmalayalamnet Undated Retrieved 2010-12-28
- ^ a b c d e f B Vijayakumar 25 October 2008 "Neelakuyil 1954" The Hindu Archived from the original on 16 October 2016
- ^ KPradeep 22 May 2009 "Indelible innings on the silver screen" The Hindu Retrieved 2010-12-28
- ^ "2nd National Film Awards" PDF Directorate of Film Festivals Retrieved August 23, 2011
- ^ C Jayakumar 8 September 2008 "Cultural extravaganza" The Hindu Retrieved 2010-12-28
- മലയാളഗാനങ്ങളെ മാറ്റിമറിച്ച നീലക്കുയില്
- Neelakuyil on IMDb
- Neelakuyil at the Malayalam Movie Database
neelakuyil, neelakuyil 10-8-18 episode online, neelakuyil ellarum chollanu ellarum chollanu, neelakuyil fame smisha images, neelakuyil kasthuri, neelakuyil malayalam full movie, neelakuyil malayalam serial, neelakuyil serial, neelakuyil serial cast, neelakuyil songs
Neelakuyil Information about
Neelakuyil viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.