Neckarsulmneckarsulm artillery kaserne, neckarsulm germany audi
Neckarsulm German pronunciation: nɛkarˈzʊlm is a city in northern Baden-Württemberg, Germany, near Stuttgart, and part of the district of Heilbronn As of 2004update, Neckarsulm had 27,296 inhabitants
The rivers Neckar and Sulm join there, hence the name, which is often misunderstood or mispronounced as "Neckars Ulm", an incongruity that would mean the Ulm of the Neckar, as the city of Ulm is well to the east on the Danube at the border between Baden-Wuerttemberg and Bavaria
Neckarsulm is famous for being ranked first in the German Solarbundesliga cities beginning at 10,000 inhabitants, a competition in renewable energy installations Its other fame is that the Neckarsulm-Gundelsheim Weingaertnergenossenschaft vintner's co-operative is reputed to be the oldest in Germany; trollinger and lemberger are the principal varieties of grape that are grown
- 1 Buildings and constructions
- 2 Mayors and since 1973 Lord Mayors
- 3 Population development
- 4 Economy
- 5 Personality
- 51 Freemen
- 52 Sons and daughters of the town
- 53 Other people connected to the city
- 6 Sister Cities
- 7 Gallery
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Buildings and constructionsedit
- Teutonic Knights castle, featuring the Deutsches Zweirad- und NSU-Museum the combined Motorcycle and NSU Museum of Germany
- Neckarsulm TDS Office Tower
- Obereisesheim transmitter
- The medieval city wall is mostly intact along the riverside aspect of the town
Mayors and since 1973 Lord Mayorsedit
- 1845–1865: Franz Josef Alexander Heinrich Becker
- 1865–1878: Josef Pecoroni
- 1878–1885: Johann Nepomuk Kirner
- 1885–1911: Bernhard Rettenmeier
- 1911–1913: Heinrich Soller
- 1913–1941: Johannes Häußler
- 1942–1945: Oskar Volk
- 1945–1946: Hermann Greiner
- 1946–1949: Johannes Häußler 1879–1949
- 1949–1955: Erwin Wörner
- 1955–1967: Hans Hoffmann 1915–2005
- 1967–1992: Erhard Klotz born 1938
- 1992–2008: Volker Blust
- 2008–2016: Joachim Scholz 2
- since 2016: Steffen Hertwig
The numbers are estimates, census results ¹ or data from statistical offices
¹ Census results
² The population increase between 1950 and 1961 comes from the new district Neckarsulm-Amorbach In this place lived in 1955 around 300 people3
Schwarz Gruppe, owner of Lidl and Kaufland – the largest European grocerer —has its head office in Neckarsulm4 The city was the home of the car manufacturer NSU which was taken over by Volkswagen in 1969 and merged with Auto Union to create Audi as it is known today The former NSU factory is now one of Audi's two principal assembly plants in Germany the other is located in Ingolstadt, Bavaria – and manufactures the company's larger, high end models such as the Audi A6, A7, and A8, the latter is made in the Audi Aluminium Plant, and Audi's performance subsidiary quattro GmbH which manufactures the R8 is also located here The NSU logo on early vehicles stands for the city name Neckarsulm5
- 1894: Franz Joseph Maucher 1826–1910 was 35 years chaplain and parish priest in Neckarsulm
- 1911: Gottlob Banzhaf 1858–1930 was Kommerzienrat and after the death of his brother Christian Schmidt first director the Neckarsulmer Strickmaschinenfabrik AG from 1884 to 1910
- 1930: Ernst Josef Bauer 1881 † in Ludwigsburg was a teacher and successful author of the home game "Peter Heinrich Merkle, the Löwenwirt of Neckarsulm"
- 1933: Christian Mergenthaler 1884–1980, NSDAP politician, Prime Minister from 1933 to 1945 of Württemberg On 27 July 1933 the Neckarsulm council awarded him honorary citizenship On 28 August 1945, it was deprived him again7
- 1949: Johannes Häußler 1879–1949 was about 30 years with interruption mayor
- 2004: Kurt Bauer born 1934 was 36 years city council, deputy mayor, SPD parliamentary leader, chairman of the SPD local association
- 2008: Volker Blust born 1944 was from 1976 head of the main and personnel office and was elected in 1992 Mayor of Neckarsulm
Sons and daughters of the townedit
- 1766 November 3, Franz Simon Molitor, † 21 February 1848 in Vienna, musician
- 1902, 7 August, August Herold, † 8 January 1973 by Neckarsulm; vine growers
Other people connected to the cityedit
- Wilhelm Ganzhorn born 1818 in Böblingen, † 1880 in Bad Cannstatt was in Neckarsulm 1859–1878 senior judge Ganzhorn was a poet, and was known as the author of the text for the song "In the loveliest meadow" Im schönsten Wiesengrunde
- Albert Roder born 1896 in Nuremberg; † 1970 in Heilbronn was an engineer, who became known for the construction of motorcycles He was from 1946 to 1961 chief designer at NSU
- Klaus Zwickel born 1939 in Heilbronn, German unions functionary and former Chairman of IG Metall From 1968 to 1983 he was first secretary of the IG-Metall Headquarter Neckarsulm
- Verena Stenke born 1981 in Bad Friedrichshall, German artist
- Dominik Britsch born 1987 in Bad Friedrichshall, German boxer
Sister CitieseditSee also: List of twin towns and sister cities in Germany
Sign denoting twin towns of Neckarsulm
Old House of Neckarsulm
Church "St Dionysius"
Old Castle of the Teutonic Knights "Deutschordensschloss"
Vineyards on mountain "Scheuerberg"
- ^ "Gemeinden in Deutschland nach Fläche, Bevölkerung und Postleitzahl am 30092016" Statistisches Bundesamt in German 2016
- ^ Andreas Bracht: OB Joachim Scholz wird in sein Amt eingesetzt Presse-Information der Stadt Neckarsulm vom 27 Oktober 2008
- ^ Bernd Friedel: 50 Jahre Amorbach Neckarsulm 2005, pp 6–16
- ^ "Impressum" Lidl Retrieved on 28 September 2012 "Adresse: Lidl Stiftung & Co KG Stiftsbergstraße 1 74167 Neckarsulm "
- ^ "Die NSU-Firmengeschichte" Retrieved 2016-01-01
- ^ Wilson, Hugo 1995 "The Directory of Motorcycles" The Encyclopedia of the Motorcycle London: Dorling Kindersley p 245 ISBN 0-7513-0206-6 Around 1890 Neckarsulm Strickmaschinen – "knitting machine" – Union began making bicycles
- ^ Anton Heyler: Neckarsulm im Auf und Ab eines halben Jahrhunderts s Literatur, pp 58 and 92
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Neckarsulm|
- Neckarsulm in German
neckarsulm artillery kaserne, neckarsulm audi, neckarsulm coat of arms, neckarsulm germany audi, neckarsulm germany us army, neckarsulm google maps, neckarsulm handball, neckarsulm headquarters lidl, neckarsulm nsu, neckarsulm wetter
Neckarsulm Information about
Neckarsulm viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.