National Express Midland Metronational express midland metro map, national express midland metro timetable
National Express Midland Metro operates the Midland Metro tram system between Birmingham and Wolverhampton in England It is a fully owned subsidiary of National Express, who also owns the local bus company National Express West Midlands The National Express Midland Metro brand name and logo are not carried on trams and on most publicity, just 'The Metro' branding with the exception of the latest printed timetable
- 1 History
- 2 Future
- 3 Fleet
- 4 References
- 5 External links
The Midland Metro was built and operated by the Altram consortium owned by Ansaldo, John Laing Group and National Express opening on 30 May 199912 In March 2006 National Express bought out its consortium partners34 Midland Metro was specified and financed by the West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive The operating company was previously named Travel Midland Metro in keeping with National Express' previous naming structure for subsidiary companies
National Express will continue to operate the concession until October 2018, at which time it will be taken over by Transport for West Midlands567
The original fleet consisted of 16 T-69 trams These were replaced by 21 Urbos 3s in 2014/158 Originally trams carried a blue, white and red livery This was replaced by a pink and silver livery in 20079
- ^ Midland Metro opened at last Railway Gazette International July 1999
- ^ "Midland Metro opens officially" The Railway Magazine issue 1180 August 1999 page 10
- ^ Anticipated acquisition by West Midlands Travel Limited of the joint venture shares of Laing Infrastructure Holdings Limited and Ansaldo Transporti Sistemi Ferrovari SpA in Altram LRT Limited Office of Fair Trading 5 April 2006
- ^ Midland Metro Railway Techology
- ^ TfWM to take over running of Midland Metro next year Rail Technology Magazine 22 March 2017
- ^ TfWM to operate Midland Metro from October 2018 Global Mass Transit 23 March 2017
- ^ Midland Metro to be run by new publicly-owned operating company Bus & Coach Professional 24 March 2017
- ^ Midland Metro unveils first CAF tram Railway Gazette International 16 October 2013
- ^ "Damaged Metro tram returns in pink" Rail Magazine issue 570 18 July 2007 page 63
Media related to Midland Metro at Wikimedia Commons
- Midland Metro Official site
- Network West Midlands Metro Page
|United Kingdom bus operations||
|International bus operations||
|Former bus operations||
|Former railway operations||
|Former tram operations||
national express midland metro extension, national express midland metro map, national express midland metro route, national express midland metro timetable
National Express Midland Metro Information about
National Express Midland Metro
National Express Midland Metro
National Express Midland Metro viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.