Nathan Seibergnathan seiberg, michael seiberg dpm
Nathan "Nati" Seiberg /ˈsaɪbɜːrɡ/; born September 22, 1956 is an Israeli American theoretical physicist who works on string theory He is currently a professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- 1 Research
- 2 Honors and awards
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
|This section does not cite any sources Please help improve this section by adding citations to reliable sources Unsourced material may be challenged and removed May 2018 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
His contributions to mathematical physics include:
- Mathematical foundations of rational 2-dimensional CFTs with G Moore
- Discovery of some of the first examples of "Seiberg Duals", numerous and ever growing disparate theories that are dynamically equivalent to another at low energy
- papers from the early 1990s about the application of holomorphy to calculations in gauge theories with supersymmetry, including a solution of N=1 four-dimensional gauge theories such as SQCD He later used renormalization group methods to obtain a 3d Seiberg dual for his 4D SQCD
- articles about the strong-weak duality S-duality in the context of supersymmetric gauge theories
- papers about the complete solution of N=2 supersymmetric gauge theories in four and three dimensions
- a paper on Matrix theory and M theory in the discrete Light-Cone Quantization
- his and Edward Witten's analysis of the appearance of non-commutative geometry in theories containing open strings, and an identification of a low energy limit of open string dynamics as a noncommutative quantum field theory
- OM-theory with Andrew Strominger and Shiraz Minwalla
- In recent years, partly with Witten, T Senthil and others, results in Chern-Simons theories and non-supersymmetric field theory dualities of high relevance to condensed matter theory
Honors and awards
He was recipient of a 1996 MacArthur Fellowship and the Dannie Heineman Prize for Mathematical Physics in 1998 In July 2012, he was an inaugural awardee of the Fundamental Physics Prize, the creation of physicist and internet entrepreneur, Yuri Milner In 2016, he was awarded the Dirac Medal of the ICTP
- Seiberg–Witten theory
- ^ "Array of Contemporary American Physicists: Nathan Seiberg" American Institute of Physics Archived from the original on 2012-10-07 Retrieved 2011-07-20
- ^ "Heineman Prize: Nathan Seiberg" American Physical Society Retrieved 2011-07-20
- ^ New annual US$3 million Fundamental Physics Prize recognizes transformative advances in the field Archived 2012-08-03 at the Wayback Machine, FPP, accessed 1 August 2012
- Nathan Seiberg's web page at the Institute
- Nathan Seiberg at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
david seiberg, michael seiberg, michael seiberg dpm, michael seiberg md, michael seiberg podiatry, nathan seiberg, nathan seiberg physics
Nathan Seiberg Information about
Nathan Seiberg viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.