Nasopharyngeal angiofibromanasopharyngeal angiofibroma ppt, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma
Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma also called juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma12 is a histologically benign but locally aggressive vascular tumor that grows in the back of the nasal cavity It most commonly affects adolescent males3 Patients with nasopharyngeal angiofibroma usually present with one-sided nasal obstruction and recurrent bleeding
- 1 Signs and symptoms
- 2 Diagnosis
- 3 Differential diagnosis
- 4 Treatment
- 5 Prognosis
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Signs and symptomsedit
- Frequent chronic epistaxis or blood-tinged nasal discharge
- Nasal obstruction and rhinorrhea
- facial dysmorphism when locally invasive
- Conductive hearing loss from eustachian-tube obstruction
- Diplopia, which occurs secondary to erosion into superior orbital fissure and due to third and sixth nerve palsy,
- proptosis when having intraorbital extension
- Rarely anosmia, recurrent otitis media, and eye pain
If nasopharyngeal angiofibroma is suspected based on physical examination a smooth vascular submucosal mass in the posterior nasal cavity of an adolescent male, imaging studies such as CT or MRI should be performed Biopsy should be avoided as to avoid extensive bleeding since the tumor is composed of blood vessels without a muscular coat
Antral sign or Holman-Miller sign forward bowing of posterior wall of maxilla is pathognomic of angiofibroma
DSA digital subtraction angiography of carotid artery to see the extension of tumors and feeding vessels
- Antro-choanal polyp benign neoplasm
- Rhinosporidiosis as bleeding point is here too
- Malignancy—nasopharyngeal carcinoma, lymphoma, plasmacytoma, rhabdomyosarcoma
- Nasopharyngeal cyst
- Pyogenic granuloma
Treatment for Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma JNA is primarily surgical The tumor is primarily excised by external or endoscopic approach Medical treatment and radiation therapy are only of historical interest
- transpalatine approach
- transpalatine + sublabial Sardana's Approach
- infratemporal Approach
- nasal endoscopic Approach
- transmaxillary Approach
Endoscopic approach is an excellent tool in primary and recurrent JNA, it allows visualisation and precise removal of the lesion Preoperative embolisation of tumour may be of some use in reducing intraoperative bleeding
Direct visualization is not common
Prognosis for nasopharyngeal angiofibroma is favorable Because these tumors are benign, metastasis to distal sites does not occur However, these tumors are highly vascularized and grow rapidly Removal is important in preventing nasal obstruction and recurrent epistaxis Mortality is not associated with nasopharyngeal angiofibroma4
- ^ 00021 at CHORUS
- ^ "juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma" at Dorland's Medical Dictionary
- ^ Raphael Rubin; David S Strayer; Emanuel Rubin 2008 Rubin's Pathology: clinicopathologic foundations of medicine Lippincott Williams & Wilkins pp 1071– ISBN 978-0-7817-9516-6 Retrieved 29 June 2010
- ^ Textbook of Family Medicine, 8th Edition Chapter 19 p329 Rakel, MD ISBN 978-1-4377-1160-8
|Upper RT||Nasal cavity Esthesioneuroblastoma Nasopharynx Nasopharyngeal carcinoma Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma Larynx Laryngeal cancer Laryngeal papillomatosis|
- SinusTumororg—an educational site that provides information about sinus tumors
nasopharyngeal angiofibroma, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma ct scan, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma histology, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma pictures, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma ppt, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma radiology, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma staging, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma symptoms, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma treatment, nasopharyngeal angiofibroma waters x-ray
Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma Information about
Nasopharyngeal angiofibroma viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.