Mary Reesmary reese, mary reeser
Susan Mary Rees, FRS born Cambridge, 31 July 1953 is a British mathematician and a Professor of Mathematics at Liverpool University since 2002, specialising in research in complex dynamical systems
- 1 Career
- 2 FRS
- 3 Family
- 4 Works
- 5 References
After obtaining her BA in 1974 and MSc in 1975 at St Hugh's College, Oxford, she did research in mathematics under the direction of Bill Parry at Warwick University, obtaining a PhD in 1978 She was awarded a Whitehead Prize of the London Mathematical Society in 1988 The citation notes that, in particular,
Her most spectacular theorem has been to show that in the space of rational maps of the Riemann sphere of degree d ≥ 2 those maps that are ergodic with respect to Lebesgue measure and leave invariant an absolutely continuous probability measure form a set of positive measure
She also spoke at the ICM in 1990 In recent years, much of Rees's work has focused on the dynamics of quadratic rational maps; ie rational maps of the Riemann sphere of degree two, including an extensive monograph In 2004, she also presented an alternative proof of the Ending Laminations Conjecture of Thurston, which had been proved by Brock, Canary and Minsky shortly before
She was elected to a Fellowship of the Royal Society in 2002
Her father David Rees was also a distinguished mathematician, who worked on Enigma in Hut 6 at Bletchley Park Her sister Sarah Rees is also a mathematician
- Mary Rees 2010 "Multiple equivalent matings with the aeroplane polynomial" Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems, pp 20
- Mary Rees 2008 "William Parry FRS 1934–2006" Biographical Memoirs of the Royal Society, 54, pp 229–243
- Mary Rees 2004 "Teichmuller distance is not $C^$" Proc London Math, 88, pp 114–134
- Mary Rees 2003 "Views of Parameter Space: Topographer and Resident" Asterisque, 288, pp 1–418
- Mary Rees 2002 "Teichmuller distance for analytically finite surfaces is $C^$" Proc London Math Soc 85 2002 686 – 716,85, pp 686–716
- ^ GRO Register of Births: SEP 1953 4a 294 CAMBRIDGE – Susan M Rees, mmn = Cushen
- ^ Mary Rees profile, University of Liverpool
- ^ "Dr Mary Rees" University of Liverpool 2008-01-18 Retrieved 2014-01-02
- ^ Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society 20 1988, no 6, p 639
- ^ Positive measure sets of ergodic rational maps, Ann Sci École Norm Sup 19 1986, no 3, 383–407
- ^ a b EWM "Mary Reese" European Women in Mathematics Retrieved 25 February 2018
- ^ Views of parameter space: Topographer and resident, Asterisque 288 2003
- ^ The Ending Laminations Theorem direct from Teichmüller geodesics, Preprint, 2004
- ^ The classification of Kleinian surface groups, II: The Ending Lamination Conjecture, Preprint, 2004
|List of Fellows of the Royal Society|
mary rees moorpark college, mary rees-mogg, mary reese, mary reese browning, mary reese obituary, mary reeser, mary reeser combustion, mary reeser skull photos, mary reeser spontaneous combustion, mary resurrection
Mary Rees Information about
Mary Rees viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.