Malcolm Perry (physicist)malcolm perry physicist nikola, malcolm perry physicist salary
Malcolm John Perry born 13 November 1951 is a British theoretical physicist and professor of theoretical physics at the University of Cambridge His research mainly concerns general relativity, supergravity and string theory
Perry attended King Edward's School, Birmingham before reading physics at St John's College, Oxford He was a graduate student at King's College, Cambridge, under the supervision of Stephen Hawking He obtained his doctorate in 1978 with a thesis on the quantum mechanics of black holes In these early years, he worked on several very influential papers on Euclidean quantum gravity and black hole radiation with Gary Gibbons and Hawking]
After his graduate studies, he worked in Princeton, New Jersey from 1978 to 1986 With his student Rob Myers, he found the Myers-Perry metric, which describes the higher-dimensional generalization of the Kerr metric He also started working on supergravity, string theory and Kaluza–Klein theory In his final years in Princeton he worked with Curtis Callan, Emil Martinec and Daniel Friedan to calculate the low-energy effective action for string theory
In 1986, he returned to Cambridge, being elected a fellow of Trinity College, Cambridge, where he has worked ever since In 2010, his attention has focused on generalised geometry and the doubled formalism for string theory, extending these ideas to M-theory in collaboration with David Berman In 2016, he returned to black hole physics with Hawking and Strominger and began a series of highly influential works attempting to solve long standing problems in black hole thermodynamics
- ^ Gibbons, G W, Hawking, S W, Perry, M J 1978 "Path Integrals and the Indefiniteness of the Gravitational Action" Nucl Phys B 138: 141–150 Bibcode:1978NuPhB138141G doi:101016/0550-32137890161-X CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- ^ Robert C Myers; MJ Perry 1986 "Black Holes in Higher Dimensional Space-Times" Annals of Physics 172: 304–347 Bibcode:1986AnPhy172304M doi:101016/0003-49168690186-7
- ^ David J Gross, Malcolm J Perry 1983 "Magnetic Monopoles in Kaluza-Klein Theories" Nucl Phys B 226: 29–48 Bibcode:1983NuPhB22629G doi:101016/0550-32138390462-5
- ^ Curtis Callan Jr, Emil J Martinec, Daniel Friedan, Malcolm J Perry 1985 "Strings in background fields" Nucl Phys B 262 4: 593–609 Bibcode:1985NuPhB262593C doi:101016/0550-32138590506-1 CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list link
- ^ David Berman; Malcolm J Perry 2011 "Generalized geometry and M theory" JHEP 1106: 74 arXiv:10081763 Bibcode:2011JHEP06074B doi:101007/JHEP062011074
- Malcolm Perry's faculty page at Cambridge
malcolm perry physicist jobs, malcolm perry physicist nikola, malcolm perry physicist salary, malcolm perry physicist stephen
Malcolm Perry (physicist) Information about
Malcolm Perry (physicist)
Malcolm Perry (physicist)
Malcolm Perry (physicist) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.