Mahesh Dattanimahesh dattani, mahesh dattani final solutions
Mahesh Dattani born 7 August 1958 is an Indian director, actor, playwright and writer He wrote such plays as Final Solutions, Dance Like a Man, Bravely Fought the Queen, On a Muggy Night in Mumbai, Tara,Thirty Days in September The Big Fat City and 'The murder that never was', starring Dheiraj Kapoor
He is the first playwright in English to be awarded the Sahitya Akademi award His plays have been directed by eminent directors like Arvind Gaur, Alyque Padamsee and Lillete Dubey
- 1 Early life and background
- 2 Career
- 3 Playwright
- 4 Filmography
- 41 Director
- 5 Awards
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Early life and background
Mahesh Dattani was born in Bangalore to Gujarati parents He went to Baldwin Boys High School and then went on to join St Joseph's College, Bangalore Dattani is a graduate in History, Economics and Political Science He is a post-graduate in Marketing and Advertising Management After reading Edward Albee’s play Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf early in his life, Mahesh became interested in writing He was also influenced by Gujarati playwright Madhu Rye’s Kumarni Agashi and developed an interest in playwriting
Mahesh Dattani began his career as a copywriter in an advertising firm In 1986, he wrote his first full-length play, Where There’s a Will, and since 1995, he has been working as a full-time theatre professional He has also worked with his father in the family business
Dattani is also a film director His debut film is Mango Souffle, adapted from one of his plays He also wrote and directed the movie Morning Raaga
- Where There's a Will, 1988
- Dance Like a Man, 1989
- Bravely Fought the Queen, 1991
- Final Solutions, 1993
"Do the needful"
- On a Muggy Night in Mumbai, 1998
- Seven Circles Round The Fire Radio play for BBC Seven Steps around the Fire, 1998
- The Murder That Never Was, 2000
- 30 Days in September, 2001
- Brief Candle, 2009
- Where Did Leave My Purda,2012
- The Big Fat City,2012
- Mango Souffle
- Morning Raga
- Dance Like a Man
- Ek Alag Mausam
- Dance Like a Man has won the award for the Best Picture in English awarded by the National Panorama in 1998
- Sahitya Academy award for his book of plays Final Solutions and Other Plays
- Sahitya Kala Parishad selected Final Solutions 1997, Tara 2000 and 30 days in September 2007as best productions of the year directed by Arvind Gaur
- ^ Deepa Punjani "In Retrospect: Select plays of the 9th National Theatre Festival at Nehru Centre, Mumbai" mumbaitheatreguidecom Archived from the original on 1 March 2009 Retrieved 2009-04-02
- ^ Romesh Chander 2007-03-30 "Lifting the veil" Chennai, India: The Hindu Retrieved 2009-04-02
- ^ "Stage On & Off" The Telegraph Calcutta, India 2005-11-19
- ^ TOI Bangalore News " The Murder that never was"
- ^ PTI 1998-12-29 "Sahitya Academy awards announced" The Indian Express Retrieved 2009-04-02
- ^ Rajan, Anjana June 18, 2014 "Paradox at play" The Hindu
- ^ "Drama is about character revelation" The Thumb Print November 1, 2012
- ^ "Mahesh Dattani" wwwmapsofindiacom Retrieved 2016-05-09
- ^ http://wwwtribuneindiacom/2001/20010114/spectrum/scenehtm
- ^ Bhawana Somaaya 2004-11-22 "Story teller" ScreenIndia Retrieved 2009-04-02
- ^ Drama critics "Mahesh Dattani's Final Solutions" Retrieved 2009-04-02
- ^ Dattani, Mahesh 2013-07-15 Seven Steps around the Fire: A Radio Play Penguin UK ISBN 9789351182153
- ^ Diwan Singh Bajali 2003-02-20 "Going bananas over Mango Souffle" The Hindu Retrieved 2009-04-02
9 G Baskaran, ed, Girish Karnad and Mahesh Dattani: Methods and Motives, Yking Books, Jaipur, 2012
- Official site
- Bhattacharya, Anindya "Desire and the Postcolonial Nation" in Seven Steps around the Fire and Final Solutions The Plays of Mahesh Dattani: An Anthology of Recent Criticism Ed Tutun Mukherjee New Delhi: Pencraft International, 2012 ISBN 978-93-82178-03-3, pp 184–196
- Roy, Pinaki "Mahesh Dattani's Final Solutions: A Brief Rereading" Mahesh Dattani: His Stagecraft in Indian Theatre Ed Bite, V New Delhi: Authors Press, 2013 ISBN 978-81-7273-737-5, pp 111–24
- Das, BK "Mahesh Dattani's Dance Like a Man: A Thematic Study" The Atlantic Literary Review 153 2014 Ed Rama Kundu New Delhi: Atlantic Pub, 2014 ISBN 978-81-269-2052-5, pp 73–80
- Das, BK "In Search of Shakespearean Echoes in Mahesh Dattani: A Study of The Big Fat City as a Critique of Contemporary Urban Indian Society" Yearly Shakespeare Vol XIV 2016 Ed Goutam Ghosal Santiniketan: Sri Aurobindo Study Centre, 2016 ISSN 0976-9536, pp 60–69
- Das, BK "The Tale of an Imperial Kin: Unfolding the East-West Problematic in Mahesh Dattani's The Tale of a Mother Feeding Her Child" World Journal of Gender & Literature 41 June 2017 Ed Lata Mishra New Delhi: Authorspress, 2017 ISSN 2349-1620, pp 135–142
mahesh dattani, mahesh dattani drama, mahesh dattani final solutions, mahesh dattani in news or magazines, mahesh dattani life and works, mahesh dattani photos, mahesh dattani play dance like a man, mahesh dattani plays online, mahesh dattani tara, mahesh dattani tara summary
Mahesh Dattani Information about
Mahesh Dattani viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.