Lysophospholipaselysophospholipase d, lysophospholipase 2
In enzymology, a lysophospholipase EC 3115 is an enzyme that catalyzes the chemical reaction 2-lysophosphatidylcholine + H2O ⇌ glycerophosphocholine + a carboxylate
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are 2-lysophosphatidylcholine and H2O, whereas its two products are glycerophosphocholine and carboxylate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds This family consists of lysophospholipase / phospholipase B EC 3115 and cytosolic phospholipase A2 which also has a C2 domain InterPro: IPR000008 Phospholipase B enzymes catalyse the release of fatty acids from lysophospholipids and are capable in vitro of hydrolyzing all phospholipids extractable from yeast cells Cytosolic phospholipase A2 associates with natural membranes in response to physiological increases in Ca2+ and selectively hydrolyses arachidonyl phospholipids, the aligned region corresponds the carboxy-terminal Ca2+-independent catalytic domain of the protein as discussed in
The systematic name of this enzyme class is 2-lysophosphatidylcholine acylhydrolase Other names in common use include lecithinase B, lysolecithinase, phospholipase B, lysophosphatidase, lecitholipase, phosphatidase B, lysophosphatidylcholine hydrolase, lysophospholipase A1, lysophopholipase L2, lysophospholipase transacylase, neuropathy target esterase, NTE, NTE-LysoPLA, and NTE-lysophospholipase This enzyme participates in glycerophospholipid metabolism
Human genes encoding proteins that contain this domain include:
- PLA2G4A, PLA2G4B, PLA2G4C, PLA2G4D, PLA2G4E, PLA2G4F
- ^ Nalefski EA, Sultzman LA, Martin DM, Kriz RW, Towler PS, Knopf JL, Clark JD 1994 "Delineation of two functionally distinct domains of cytosolic phospholipase A2, a regulatory Ca2+-dependent lipid-binding domain and a Ca2+-independent catalytic domain" J Biol Chem 269 27: 18239–18249 PMID 8027085
- ^ a b Lee KS, Patton JL, Fido M, Hines LK, Kohlwein SD, Paltauf F, Henry SA, Levin DE 1994 "The Saccharomyces cerevisiae PLB1 gene encodes a protein required for lysophospholipase and phospholipase B activity" J Biol Chem 269 31: 19725–19730 PMID 8051052
- Abe M, Ohno K & Sato R 1974 "Possible identity of lysolecithin acyl-hydrolase with lysolecithin-lysolecithin acyl-transferase in rat-lung soluble fraction" Biochim Biophys Acta 369: 361–370 doi:101016/0005-27607490150-7
- Contardi A & Ercoli A 1933 "The enzymic cleavage of lecithin and lysolecithin" Biochem Z 261: 275–302
- Dawson RMC 1958 "Studies on the hydrolysis of lecithin by Penicillium notatum phospholipase B preparation" Biochem J 70: 559–570
- Fairbairn D 1948 "The preparation and properties of a lysophospholipase from Penicillium notatum" J Biol Chem 173: 705–714
- SHAPIRO B 1953 "Purification and properties of a lysolecithinase from pancreas" Biochem J 53 4: 663–6 PMC 1198209 PMID 13032127
- van den Bosch H, Aarsman AJ, de Jong JG, van Deenem LL 1973 "Studies on lysophospholipases I Purification and some properties of a lysophospholipase from beef pancreas" Biochim Biophys Acta 296 1: 94–104 doi:101016/0005-27607390048-9 PMID 4693514
- van den Bosch H, Vianen GM, van Heusden GP 1981 "Lysophospholipase--transacylase from rat lung" Methods Enzymol 71 Pt C: 513–21 doi:101016/0076-68798171061-9 PMID 7278668
- van Tienhoven M, Atkins J, Li Y, Glynn P 2002 "Human neuropathy target esterase catalyzes hydrolysis of membrane lipids" J Biol Chem 277 23: 20942–8 doi:101074/jbcM200330200 PMID 11927584
- Quistad GB, Barlow C, Winrow CJ, Sparks SE, Casida JE 2003 "Evidence that mouse brain neuropathy target esterase is a lysophospholipase" Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 100 13: 7983–7 doi:101073/pnas1232473100 PMC 164699 PMID 12805562
- Lush MJ, Li Y, Read DJ, Willis AC, Glynn P 1998 "Neuropathy target esterase and a homologous Drosophila neurodegeneration-associated mutant protein contain a novel domain conserved from bacteria to man" Biochem J 332 Pt 1: 1–4 PMC 1219444 PMID 9576844
- Winrow CJ, Hemming ML, Allen DM, Quistad GB, Casida JE, Barlow C 2003 "Loss of neuropathy target esterase in mice links organophosphate exposure to hyperactivity" Nat Genet 33 4: 477–85 doi:101038/ng1131 PMID 12640454
This article incorporates text from the public domain Pfam and InterPro IPR002642
- Molecular and Cellular Biology portal
|This EC 31 enzyme-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
lysophospholipase, lysophospholipase 2, lysophospholipase d, lysophospholipase ii
Lysophospholipase Information about
Lysophospholipase viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.