Lung biopsylung biopsy procedure, lung biopsy
A lung biopsy is an interventional procedure performed to diagnose lung pathology by obtaining a small piece of lung which is examined under a microscope12 Beyond microscopic examination for cellular morphology and architecture, special stains and cultures can be performed on the tissue obtained3
A lung biopsy can be performed percutaneously through the skin, typically guided by a CT Scan, via bronchoscopy with ultrasound guidance, or by surgery, either open or by video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery VATS
- 1 Reasons to perform
- 2 Risks
- 21 Pneumothorax
- 22 Bleeding
- 3 References
Reasons to performedit
A lung biopsy is performed when a lung lesion is suspicious for lung cancer, or when cancer cannot be distinguished from another disease, such as aspergillosis
Lung biopsy also plays a role in the diagnosis of interstitial lung disease4
Any approach to lung biopsy risks causing a pneumothorax Careful technique can limit this risk, which ranges from less than 1% to about 10% The precise risk of pneumothorax depends on technique and on underlying lung disease, as certain lung diseases such as COPD can increase the risk of pneumothorax Pneumothorax sometimes requires tube thoracostomy
Bleeding can be life-threateneing and can occur in 1 to 4%5
- ^ Thomas W Shields; Joseph LoCicero; Carolyn E Reed 21 December 2011 General Thoracic Surgery Lippincott Williams & Wilkins p 317 ISBN 978-1-4511-5278-4
- ^ Mostafa M Fraig 21 April 2015 Diagnosis of Small Lung Biopsy: An Integrated Approach Springer ISBN 978-1-4939-2575-9
- ^ DiBardino, DM; Yarmus, LB; Semaan, RW 2015 "Transthoracic needle biopsy of the lung" J Thorac Dis 7: S304–16 PMC 4700361 PMID 26807279 doi:103978/jissn2072-143920151216
- ^ Sindhwani, G; Shirazi, N; Sodhi, R; Raghuvanshi, S; Rawat, J 2015 "Transbronchial lung biopsy in patients with diffuse parenchymal lung disease without 'idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis pattern' on HRCT scan - Experience from a tertiary care center of North India" Lung India 32 5: 453–6 PMC 4586998 PMID 26628758 doi:104103/0970-2113164148
- ^ Bradley, B; Branley, H M; Egan, J J; Greaves, M S; Hansell, D M; Harrison, N K; Hirani, N; Hubbard, R; Lake, F; Millar, A B; Wallace, W A; Wells, A U; Whyte, M K; Wilsher, M L; British Thoracic Society Interstitial Lung Disease Guideline Group, British Thoracic Society Standards of Care Committee 2008 "Interstitial lung disease guideline: The British Thoracic Society in collaboration with the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand and the Irish Thoracic Society" Thorax 63 Suppl 5: v1–58 PMID 18757459 doi:101136/thx2008101691
lung biopsy, lung biopsy bronchoscopy, lung biopsy complications, lung biopsy cpt code, lung biopsy for cancer, lung biopsy pain, lung biopsy procedure, lung biopsy procedure video, lung biopsy results, lung biopsy risks
Lung biopsy Information about
Lung biopsy viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.