Ludolph Küsterludolph kuester management, ludolph kuester implement
Ludolf Küster German: Ludolph Küster 1670–1716 was a Westphalian scholar, philologist, textual critic, palaeographer, and editor of Greek ancient texts
Küster was born in Blomberg, Westphalia1 He was friends with, and a correspondent of, Richard Bentley, master of Trinity College, Cambridge, who assisted him in the production of a hasty edition of the works of Aristophanes2 Thomas de Quincey was later to say that Bentley's contributions—including epistles on The Clouds and Plutus—were "mangled" by Küster and incompetent printers Some of these letters still survive3 Bentley also assisted Küster, among other editors, with an edition of Suidae Lexicon Graece et Latine 1705
In Utrecht, from 1697 to 1699, Küster published the journal Bibliotheca Librorum novorum under the pseudonym "Neocorus" a Greek word that translates as roughly equivalent to the German word "Küster", that is, "sexton" or "sacristan" Several times, Küster came into professional conflict with Dutch classical scholar Jakob Gronovius
In 1710, he made a reprint, or rather revision, of John Mill's Novum Testamentum Graecum 1707, with prolegomena and with collations of 12 more manuscripts It was published in Amsterdam and Rotterdam Kuster's reprint also appeared, in Leipzig in 1723 and again in Amsterdam in 17464 He used 12 more manuscripts than Mill's original edition Nine of these 12 codices were collated for Küster by the abbé de Louvois: codex 285, M, 9, 11, 119, 13, 14, 15, and Codex Ephraemi5 Currently they are housed in the Bibliothèque nationale de France in Paris Codex 78 was collated by Boerner, codex 42, and Codex Boernerianus by Küster himself In this edition, Küster published his own notes separate from Mill's by prefixing and affixing the marks, and his collations both of his own codices and of early editions will be found more complete than his predecessor's5 Mill's dedication was omitted
Küster was the first to recognize the 9th century date of Codex Boernerianus6
In 1713, Küster traveled to Paris and spoke against the Protestant religion There he was admitted to the Academy of Inscriptions and Belles Lettres, and received a pension from the crown of 2000 pounds
He is mentioned by name in Alexander Pope's satirical Dunciad, in the company of other notable classicists of his day1
- A Critical History of Homer, Frankfurt, 1696
- Suidae Lexicon Graece & Latine, ed Aemilius Portus & Ludolph Kuster, 3 vols, Cambridge 17051
- An edition of the Life of Pythagoras, Iamblichus and Porphyry, Amsterdam, 1707
- Aristophanes Commoediae undecim, graece et latine, ex Codd Mss emendate: Cum scholiis Antiquis, inter quae scholia Lysistratem ex Cod Vossiano nunc primum in lucem proderunt, ed Ludolphus Kusterus, Amsterdam, Thomas Fritsch, 1710
- Novum Testamentum Graecum, cum lectionibus variantibus mss Amsterdam & Rotterdam, 1710
- An edition of Hesychius
- Lud Kusterus de Vero Usu Verborum Mediorum
- Lud Kusterus de Vero Usu Verborum Mediorum London 1793
- Novum Testamentum graecum Lipsiae 1723
- ^ a b c Pope, Alexander 1888 Selected Poems, The Essay on Criticism, The Moral Essays, The Dunciad London: Longman pp 111, 207–208
- ^ Wordsworth, C 1842 The Correspondence of Richard Bentley London: John Murray pp 233–236
- ^ de Quincey, Thomas 1877 The Eighteenth Century in Scholarship and Literature Cambridge: Riverside Press pp 69–74
- ^ Bruce M Metzger, Bart D Ehrman, The Text of the New Testament: Its Transmission, Corruption and Restoration, Oxford University Press, 2005, p 154
- ^ a b Scrivener, Frederick Henry Ambrose; Edward Miller 1894 A Plain Introduction to the Criticism of the New Testament, Vol 2 London: George Bell & Sons p 204
- ^ Alexander Reichardt 1909 Der Codex Boernerianus Der Briefe des Apostels Paulus Leipzig: Verlag von Karl W Hiersemann p 9
ludolph kuester hoa, ludolph kuester implement, ludolph kuester management, ludolph kuester property
Ludolph Küster Information about
Ludolph Küster viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Random Posts (searchxengine.com)
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.