A love-in is a peaceful public gathering focused on meditation, love, music, sex and/or use of psychedelic drugs The term was coined by Los Angeles radio comedian Peter Bergman, who also hosted the first one in March or April 1967 sources disagree in Elysian Park12 It has been interpreted in different ways by different organizations, but is often connected to protesting local, social or environmental issues34 Such protests were held in opposition to the Vietnam War5
Love-ins are largely considered a staple of the 1960s counterculture hippie culture
- ^ 1 The impossible come-back of Radio Free Oz
- ^ 2 Peter Bergman biography
- ^ Book of Life Archived 2017-01-03 at the Wayback Machine reference to early love-ins
- ^ A Houston-area "Love In" -- a flash mob gathering to save Love Elementary School from being shut down, in March 2011
- ^ "Newsreel" Historysandiegoedu Retrieved 2010-09-01
|This activism-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
Love-in Information about
Love-in viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.