Lipomatosislipomatosis, lipomatosis of the spine
Lipomatosis is believed to be an autosomal dominant condition in which multiple lipomas are present on the body Many discrete, encapsulated lipomas form on the trunk and extremities, with relatively few on the head and shoulders In 1993, a genetic polymorphism within lipomas was localized to chromosome 12q15, where the HMGIC gene encodes the high-mobility-group protein isoform I-C This is one of the most commonly found mutations in solitary lipomatous tumors but lipomas often have multiple mutations Reciprocal translocations involving chromosomes 12q13 and 12q14 have also been observed within
Although this condition is benign, it can sometimes be very painful depending on location of the lipomas Some patients who are concerned with cosmetics seek removal of individual lipomas Removal can include simple excision, endoscopic removal, or liposuction
Other entities which are accompanied by multiple lipomas include Proteus syndrome, Cowden syndrome and related disorders due to PTEN gene mutations, benign symmetric lipomatosis Madelung disease,Dercum's Disease, familial lipodystrophy, hibernomas, epidural steroid injections with epidural lipomatosis, and familial angiolipomatosis
- 1 See also
- 2 References
- 3 External links
- 31 Support Groups
- Pelvic lipomatosis — A rare disease most often seen in older obese black men with hypertension
- Virchow's metamorphosis — lipomatosis in the heart and salivary glands
- Dercums — A rare condition characterized by generalized obesity and painful fatty tumors in the adipose tissue
- ^ Familial multiple lipomatosis
- ^ Schoenmakers, EF; Wanschura, S; Mols, R; Bullerdiek, J; Van Den Berghe, H; Van De Ven, WJ 1995 "Recurrent rearrangements in the high mobility group protein gene, HMGI-C, in benign mesenchymal tumours" Nature Genetics 10 4: 436–44 doi:101038/ng0895-436 PMID 7670494
- ^ Weiss, SW 1996 "Lipomatous tumors" Monographs in pathology 38: 207–39 PMID 8744279
- ^ Gologorsky, Y; Gologorsky, D; Yarygina, AS; Surti, U; Zirwas, MJ 2007 "Familial multiple lipomatosis: Report of a new family" Cutis; cutaneous medicine for the practitioner 79 3: 227–32 PMID 17674589
- ^ http://wwwgenomejp/dbget-bin/www_bgetomim+151900 Lipomatosis, Familial Multiple Lipomatosis, FML
- ^ Familial multiple lipomatosis
- ^ https://wwwbiomedcentralcom/1471-2253/14/70 Multiple Epidural Steroid Injections and Epidural Lipomatosis
- Lipoma Discussion Board, Information, Resources, Treatment And Support
lipomatosis, lipomatosis - youtube, lipomatosis dolorosa, lipomatosis epidural, lipomatosis generalizada, lipomatosis lioden, lipomatosis of the spine, lipomatosis syndrome, lipomatosis treatment, lipomatosis with fibrosis
Lipomatosis Information about
Lipomatosis viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.