Letea Forestletea forest
Letea Forest is the oldest natural reservation in Romania It was established in 1938, when the Romanian Council of Ministers passed Decision No 645 declaring the forest a nature reserve It is located between the Sulina and Chilia branches of Danube in the Danube Delta It covers an area of approximately 2,825 ha 6,980 acres
This forest was the initial foundation of the Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve, which has been declared a World Heritage Site It was internationally recognized as a Biosphere Reserve under UNESCO's Man and the Biosphere Programme in 1992
It has a subtropical aspect, due to the presence of the tropical creeper named Periploca graeca This is a Mediterranean plant which finds its most northern refuge in the Danube Delta Along with this, types of liana and other climbing plants are woven on the branches of the trees, such as the wild vine, common hop and the ivy
Letea Forest is formed mainly from trees like white poplar, black poplar, elm tree, English oak, silver lime, narrow-leafed ash and common alder Along with those above, it is completed by a great diversity of sub-shrub species
It is also home to a rich faunal assemblage, including the red-footed falcon, the white-tailed eagle, the roller, the hoopoe, the Vipera ursinii and the Danube Delta horse There are approximately 1600 insect species identified from the reservation
- ^ "Padurea Letea Scientific Reserve" protectedplanetnetmw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ a b UNEP-WCMC Protected Areas Programme - Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve Retrieved on 2008-07-23
- ^ a b c Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve - General Presentation Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve Authority Retrieved on 2008-07-23
- ^ Tulcea: Animalele semi-salbatice ameninta Padurea Letea Archived 2008-09-27 at the Wayback Machine in Romanian greenreportro Retrieved on 2008-07-23
- Danube Delta - Letea Forest
- Danube Delta Attractions
- Danube Delta Biosphere Reserve - UNESCO World Heritage Center
Letea Forest Information about
Letea Forest viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.