Les Amours de la reine Élisabethles amours de la reine élisabeth, les amours de la reine elizabeth
Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth The Loves of Queen Elizabeth, Les Amours d'Elisabeth, Reine d'Angleterre The Loves of Elizabeth, Queen of England or La reine Élisabeth Queen Elizabeth is a 1912 feature 4-reel French silent film based on the love affair between Elizabeth I of England and the Earl of Essex It was condensed from a play of the same name and directed by Louis Mercanton and Henri Desfontaines It was shot in Paris and starred Sarah Bernhardt as Elizabeth and Lou Tellegen as Essex Bernhardt by then 68 - she said of the film "This is my last chance at immortality" and Tellegen were already romantically involved, and this was their second film together
Its production company, L’Histrionic Film, was forced into liquidation by Pathé Frères during the film's production, but it was completed with funds from Adolph Zukor Zukor also brought it to New York City, where its US release on State Rights basis, on 12 July 1912 was Famous Players Film Company's first film release, and convinced other American companies that feature films were commercially viable Famous Players advertised "Famous Players in Famous Plays", later became Famous Players-Lasky, and then Paramount Pictures
Queen Elizabeth had one of the earliest film scores, composed by Joseph Carl Breil for the production However, the French film The Assassination of the Duke of Guise 1908, also known as La Mort du duc de Guise and L'Assassinat du duc de Guise, directed by Charles Le Bargy and André Calmettes, also had an original film score composed by Camille Saint-Saëns1
- 1 Cast
- 2 See also
- 3 References
- 4 External links
- Sarah Bernhardt as Queen Elizabeth I
- Lou Tellegen as Robert Devereux, Earl of Essex
- Max Maxudian as Howard, Earl of Nottingham
- Nita Romani as Arabella, the Countess of Nottingham
- Jean Angelo as Seymour
- Jean Chameroy as Lord Bacon
- Albert Decoeur as Sir Francis Drake
- Georges Deneubourg as Biron
- Marie-Louise Derval as Lady Howard
- Henri Desfontaines
- Guy Favières as Worcester
- Paul Guidé as Shakespeare
- Paul Laurent as Jacques Stuart
- Jane Maylianes as Lady Southwell
- The House That Shadows Built 1931 promotional film by Paramount
- ^ Davis, Richard 1999 Complete Guide to Film Scoring, Berklee Press, Boston ISBN 0-634-00636-3, p 17
- Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth on Internet Movie Database
- Queen Elizabeth at SilentEra
- Clip from the film at Encyclopædia Britannica
|This article related to a French film of the 1910s is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it
les amours de la reine elizabeth, les amours de la reine élisabeth
Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth Information about
Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth
Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth
Les Amours de la reine Élisabeth viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.