Leonard Stokesleonard stokes, leonard stokes basketball
Leonard Aloysius Scott Stokes 1858 – 25 December 1925 was an English architectLincoln Christ’s Hospital School, Lincoln, designed by Leonard Stokes in 1905
Leonard Stokes was born in Southport then in Lancashire in 1858 the son of Scott Nasmyth Stokes a school inspector He trained in London and travelled in Germany and Italy Most of his designs were for Roman Catholic buildings, including churches, convents and schools His first work was Sacred Heart Church, Exeter He also designed the Church of St Clare, Liverpool, which was completed in 1890 He also designed country houses and around 20 telephone exchanges In 1919 he was awarded the Gold Medal of the Royal Institute of British Architects, having served as their president from 1910 to 1912 Sir Albert Edward Richardson, who later became president of the Royal Society, trained in his offices
His brother Wilfred Stokes was an engineer and inventor His nephew Richard Stokes was a Labour MP and minister
He died in 1925 in Chelsea, London
- ^ "Exeter - Sacred Heart / Diocese of Plymouth / Dioceses / Home / Taking Stock - Taking Stock" taking-stockorguk Retrieved 2015-12-31
- ^ Howell, Peter 2010 , "Stokes, Leonard Aloysius Scott 1858–1925", Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, retrieved 18 August 2013 subscription or UK public library membership required
- Adolf K Placzek, ed 1982 "Leonard Stokes" Macmillan encyclopedia of architects 4 Free Press ISBN 978-0-02-925000-6
- Gray, Alexander Stuart; Breach, Jean; Breach, Nicholas 1986 "Leonard Stokes" Edwardian architecture:a biographical dictionary University of Iowa Press ISBN 978-0-87745-136-5
- Drysdale, George 1927 "The Work of Leonard Stokes" Journal of the Royal Institute of British Architects 34 5:163–177 also published in Architecture in 1926
leonard stokes, leonard stokes artist, leonard stokes basketball, leonard stokes cancer support, leonard stokes ceramic, leonard stokes construction, leonard stokes highlights, leonard stokes jr jhenne, leonard stokes minterne house, leonard stokes university of cincinnati
Leonard Stokes Information about
Leonard Stokes viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge.The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.