Laurens W. Molenkamplaurens molenkamp, laurens w. molenkamp
Laurens W Molenkamp is a Professor of physics and Chair of Experimental Physics at the University of Würzburg He is known for his work on semiconductor structures and topological insulators
- 1 Biography
- 2 Honors
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Laurens W Molenkamp is an experimental condensed matter physicist He received his PhD in physical chemistry from the University of Groningen, and spent several years first with Philips Research Laboratories in Eindhoven and then as Associate Professor at the RWTH in Aachen He came to the University of Würzburg in 1999 and is now the Chair of Experimental Physics III and leads the II-VI MBE molecular beam epitaxy unit His research interests include quantum transport in nanostructures, semiconductor spintronics, and optical spectroscopy of semiconductors He was a co-recipient of the American Physical Society 2012 Oliver E Buckley Condensed Matter Prize for his experimental observation of the quantum spin Hall effect, opening up the field of topological insulators Since 2012, he has been the Editor of the physics journal Physical Review B He was a 2013 Physics Frontiers Prize laureate shortlisted for the Fundamental Physics Prize Thomson Reuters included him on their annual prediction shortlist  for the 2014 Nobel Prize for Physics for his experimental research, with Charles L Kane and Shoucheng Zhang, on the quantum spin Hall effect and topological insulators
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- 2010 Europhysics Prize
- 2012 Oliver E Buckley Condensed Matter Prize
- 2013 Physics Frontiers Prize laureate shortlisted for the Fundamental Physics Prize
- 2013 Foreign membership of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences
- 2014 Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize
- 2017 Stern-Gerlach Medal
- 2017 King Faisal International Prize
- ^ a b "Topological quintet bags Europhysics prize", Physics World, 21 June 2010
- ^ a b Official Page for Oliver E Buckley Condensed Matter Physics Prize
- ^ "Editorial: Laurens Molenkamp on Assuming the Editorship of Physical Review B", Phys Rev B 85, 180001 2012, Physical Review B, 8 May 2012
- ^ Official APS announcement, APS News, March 2012
- ^ About Physical Review B
- ^ Thomson Reuters Nobel Laureates Prediction
- ^ "Laurens Molenkamp" Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences Archived from the original on 13 February 2016 Retrieved 13 February 2016
- ^ Deutsche_Forschungsgemeinschaft Press Release in German
- ^ APS Press Release
- Experimental Physics 3 Department, University of Würzburg
- Home Page of Physical Review B
laurens molenkamp, laurens w. molenkamp
Laurens W. Molenkamp Information about
Laurens W. Molenkamp
Laurens W. Molenkamp
Laurens W. Molenkamp viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.