Langdon, New Hampshirejohn langdon new hampshire, what to do in langdon new hampshire
Langdon is a town in Sullivan County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 688 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Site of interest
- 5 References
- 6 Further reading
- 7 External links
|This section needs additional citations for verification Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources Unsourced material may be challenged and removed May 2012 Learn how and when to remove this template message|
First settled in 1773 by Seth Walker, Langdon was incorporated on January 11, 1787, when it was named after Governor John Langdon2 The town is home to the Prentiss Bridge, the shortest covered bridge in New Hampshire Built across Great Brook in 1874, the lattice truss span has a length of 34 feet 6 inches 1052 m
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 163 square miles 42 km2, of which 01 sq mi 026 km2 is water, comprising 037% of the town Drained by the Cold River, Langdon lies within the Connecticut River watershed3 The highest point in town is the summit of Holden Hill, at 1,348 feet 411 m above sea level
|US Decennial Census5|
As of the census6 of 2000, there were 586 people, 237 households, and 174 families residing in the town The population density was 360 people per square mile 139/km² There were 269 housing units at an average density of 165 per square mile 64/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9966% White, 017% from other races, and 017% from two or more races Hispanic or Latino of any race were 017% of the population
There were 237 households out of which 295% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 654% were married couples living together, 55% had a female householder with no husband present, and 262% were non-families 211% of all households were made up of individuals and 84% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 247 and the average family size was 285
In the town, the population was spread out with 213% under the age of 18, 53% from 18 to 24, 302% from 25 to 44, 312% from 45 to 64, and 119% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 41 years For every 100 females there were 1131 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1058 males
The median income for a household in the town was $42,083, and the median income for a family was $43,125 Males had a median income of $33,750 versus $24,444 for females The per capita income for the town was $24,572 About 33% of families and 38% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 123% of those age 65 or over
Site of interestedit
- Prentiss Bridge – New Hampshire's smallest covered bridge
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Gannett, Henry 1905 The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States US Government Printing Office p 181
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Archived from the original on June 2, 2016 Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31
- A J Coolidge & J B Mansfield, A History and Description of New England; Boston, Massachusetts 1859
- Town of Langdon official website
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Langdon, New Hampshire|
|County seat: Newport|
john langdon new hampshire, john langdon new hampshire biography, langdon new hampshire cemeteries, langdon new hampshire map, langdon new hampshire town clerk, paul langdon new hampshire prison, town of langdon new hampshire, what to do in langdon new hampshire
Langdon, New Hampshire Information about
Langdon, New Hampshire
Langdon, New Hampshire
Langdon, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.