Kirondatal Gold Minekirondatal gold mine lyrics, kirondatal gold minecraft
The Kirondatal Gold Mine German: Kirondathal, "Kironda Valley" was a gold mine in the Shinyanga Region of Tanzania
The mine closed in 1950 and exploration rights in the area of the old mine now lay with Barrick Gold, through its subsidiary, Sekenke Exploration Limited, while the wider area around the mine is under exploration by Currie Rose Resources Inc
Gold mining in Tanzania in modern times dates back to the German colonial period, beginning with gold discoveries near Lake Victoria in 1894 Gold mining at Kirondatal however is said to predate this era, having been carried out by Arab traders in pre-colonial times
The nearby Sekenke Gold Mine became the first gold mine in Tanganyika, when it began operation in 1909, after gold having been discovered there in 1907 Kirondatal was opened considerably later, in 1930 While Sekenke became the largest single producer of gold when gold mining in the country experienced a boom between 1930 and the Second World War, the Kirondatal mine, active from 1934 to 1950, produced just 7,267 ounces of gold The Kirondatal mine closed in 1950, having produced an average grade of 90 g/t of gold in its 16 years of operation
By 1967, gold production in Tanzania had dropped to insignificance but was revived in the mid-1970s, when the gold price rose once more In the late 1990s, foreign mining companies started investing in the exploration and development of gold deposits in Tanzania, leading to the opening of a number of new mines Kirondatal however was not reopened
- ^ Bulyanhulu--The Hub of Barrick's Dist Rict Development Program in Tanzania[permanent dead link] Canadian Mining Journal, published: June 2001, accessed: 25 July 2010
- ^ a b Sekenke Tanzania Currie Rose Resources Inc website, accessed: 25 July 2010
- ^ Rose Resources Inc: Significant Structures Identified, Mabale Hills and Sekenke JV Gold Projects, Tanzania Currie Rose Resources Inc website, published: 3 February 2009, accessed: 25 July 2010
- ^ a b c IRAMBA - SEKENKE GREENSTONE BELT accessed: 25 July 2010
- ^ a b Tanzania Mining History Archived 2010-08-14 at the Wayback Machine tanzaniagoldcom, accessed: 24 July 2010
- Sekenke claim map
- Kirondatal mine TZA-00189 Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific Group of States website
kirondatal gold mine co, kirondatal gold mine lyrics, kirondatal gold mine song, kirondatal gold minecraft
Kirondatal Gold Mine Information about
Kirondatal Gold Mine
Kirondatal Gold Mine
Kirondatal Gold Mine viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.