Kings Entertainment Companykings entertainment company
Kings Entertainment Company KECO owned and/or operated six theme parks around the world The company was originally owned by Taft Broadcasting and in 1984 was purchased for $1675 million by senior executives and general managers of Taft's Amusement Park Group
In 1992, the company was sold to Paramount Communications formerly Gulf+Western, and later acquired by Viacom, then the parent of Paramount Pictures, which changed the name of the parks by adding "Paramount's" in front of their names The park in Australia was not purchased by Paramount and was sold to a local company
The company was renamed Paramount Parks in 1994, around the time of the Viacom purchase, and remained in existence until 2006 As part of the 2005 Viacom split, ownership of Paramount Parks was transferred to the CBS Corporation
CBS, in turn, sold the parks to the Sandusky, Ohio-based amusement park management company Cedar Fair Entertainment Company on June 30, 2006 CBS decided that the parks would not fit a new corporate strategy that they were implementing As of January 2007, Cedar Fair has begun dropping the Paramount name from the individual parks and restoring their original KECO names with new Cedar Fair logos This transaction also returned the parks to Ohio-based ownership, as Taft was once headquartered in Cincinnati meanwhile, Gulf+Western was once headquartered in one of Ohio's neighboring states, Michigan
The company owned:
- Canada's Wonderland, Toronto, Ontario, Canada sold to Paramount, now owned by Cedar Fair
- Great America, Santa Clara, California Sold to Paramount, now owned by Cedar Fair
- Kings Island, Mason, Ohio Sold to Paramount, now owned by Cedar Fair
- Carowinds, Charlotte, North Carolina Sold to Paramount, now owned by Cedar Fair
- Kings Dominion, Doswell, Virginia Sold to Paramount, now owned by Cedar Fair
- Australia's Wonderland, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sold to Sunway Group, now defunct
- Hanna Barbera Land, Houston, Texas sold to Six Flags and reopened as Splashtown
- Marineland of the Pacific, Palos Verdes, California sold to Harcourt Brace Jovanovich then owner of SeaWorld and promptly closed
- Hanna-Barbera theme park attractions
kings entertainment company
Kings Entertainment Company Information about
Kings Entertainment Company
Kings Entertainment Company
Kings Entertainment Company viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.