Kimishige Ishizakakimishige ishizaka koji, kimishige ishizaka kimishige
Kimishige "Kimi" Ishizaka 石坂 公成, Ishizaka Kimishige, 3 December 1925 – 6 July 2018 was a Japanese immunologist who, with his wife Terako Ishizaka, discovered the antibody class Immunoglobulin E IgE in 1966–1967 Their work was regarded as a major breakthrough in the understanding of allergy He was awarded the 1973 Gairdner Foundation International Award and the 2000 Japan Prize for his work in immunology
- 1 Biography
- 2 Recognition
- 3 Personal life and death
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Ishizaka obtained his medical qualifications and PhD in 1948 from the University of Tokyo From 1953 to 1962 he headed the immunoserology division at the department of serology at the Japanese National Institute of Health During his tenure in that position he spent two years as a research fellow at Caltech 1957–1959
In 1962, Ishizaka and his wife Teruko were recruited by Dr Sam Bukantz, medical director of the Children's Asthma Research Institute and Hospital CARIH, and moved to Denver, Colorado He assumed the post of assistant professor of microbiology at the University of Colorado Medical School, as well as chief of immunology of its associated Children's Asthma Research Institute and CARIH In 1965, he was promoted to associate professor at University of Colorado Denver
While at Denver, the Ishizakas discovered the antibody class Immunoglobulin E IgE in 1966–1967 and its interplay with mast cells They demonstrated the IgE's critical role in mediating the release of histamine from mast cells The discovery of IgE is considered a milestone in immunology and the understanding of allergy
In 1970, Ishizaka was appointed as O'Neill Professor of Medicine and Microbiology at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, Maryland, as well as professor of biology at the Faculty of Arts and Science From 1982 to 1986, he served as president of the Collegium International Allergologicum He was elected a member of the United States National Academy of Sciences in 1983 Ishaka remained at the university until 1989, when he became scientific director, and then president in 1990, of the La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology in La Jolla, California
After retiring in 1996, he returned to Japan and served as honorary director of the Institute of Immunology at Yamagata University
The Ishizakas received numerous awards for their work in allergy and immunology In 1972, they received the Passano Foundation Award In 1973, he received the German Paul Ehrlich and Ludwig Darmstaedter Prize, the Takeda Medical Award, the first Scientific Achievement Award of the International Association of Allergology and together received the Gairdner Foundation International Award In 1974, he received the Asahi Cultural Award, the Imperial Prize of the Japan Academy, and the Japanese Order of Culture In 1979, they received the Borden Award In 2000, he was awarded the 16th Japan Prize
Personal life and death
Ishizaka was married to Teruko Ishizaka, his partner in many of his discoveries He died of heart failure at the age of 92 on 6 July 2018 at Yamagata University Hospital in Yamagata, Yamagata
- ^ Ishizaka K, Ishizaka T, Hornbrook MM 1966 "Physico-chemical properties of human reaginic antibody IV Presence of a unique immunoglobulin as a carrier of reaginic activity" J Immunol 97 1: 75–85 PMID 4162440
- ^ a b c Domenico Ribatti 13 June 2017 Milestones in Immunology: Based on Collected Papers Elsevier Science pp 118–9 ISBN 978-0-12-811329-5
- ^ a b c d "Laureates of the Japan Prize: Dr Kimishige Ishizaka –Award Citation" The Japan Prize Foundation 2000 Retrieved 12 November 2007
- ^ "Japan Prize laureates announced" BBC News 17 December 1999 Retrieved 12 November 2007
- ^ a b c d e f g "Laureates of the Japan Prize: Dr Kimishige Ishizaka" The Japan Prize Foundation 2000 Retrieved 8 July 2018
- ^ a b Bergmann, K C; Ring, J, eds 2014 "Kimishige Ishizaka" Chemical Immunology and Allergy 100 History of Allergy: 356–360 – via S Karger AG
- ^ Cohen, Sheldon March 2005 "The Ishizakas and the search for reaginic antibodies" The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- ^ Anderson, Andrea 1 June 2017 "Self-Experimentation Led to the Discovery of IgE" The Scientist Magazine Retrieved 8 July 2018
- ^ Cruse, Julius M; Lewis, Robert E 14 March 2013 Atlas of Immunology Springer Science & Business Media p 20 ISBN 978-3-662-11196-3
- ^ Richer, Alice C 30 April 2009 Food Allergies ABC-CLIO p 8 ISBN 978-0-313-35274-4
- ^ "Kimishige Ishizaka" National Academy of Sciences Retrieved 8 July 2018
- ^ Kimishige Ishizaka "About the founding director" La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
- ^ Liu, Yun-Cai; Elly, Chris; Yoshida, Hideaki; Bonnefoy-Berard, Nathalie; Altman, Amnon 14 June 1996 "Activation-modulated Association of 14–3–3 Proteins with Cbl in T Cells" PDF Journal of Biological Chemistry 271 24: 14591–14595 doi:101074/jbc2712414591 ISSN 0021-9258 PMID 8663231
- ^ a b c d "石坂公成さんが死去 アレルギー発症の仕組み解明：朝日新聞デジタル" Asahi News in Japanese 6 July 2018 Retrieved 7 July 2018
- ^ a b c d Sri Kantha, Sachi; Yamamoto, Saori 1 August 2015 "Trend-setting women scientists of biomedical research in Japan" International Medical Journal 22: 224–226
- La Jolla Institute for Allergy & Immunology
kimishige ishizaka, kimishige ishizaka and johansson, kimishige ishizaka ige, kimishige ishizaka kimishige, kimishige ishizaka koji, kimishige ishizaka kouji, kimishige ishizaka overseas, kimishige ishizaka recycling, kimishige ishizaka ryu, kimishige ishizaka toyota
Kimishige Ishizaka Information about
Kimishige Ishizaka viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.