Kensington, New Hampshirekensington new hampshire police department, kensington new hampshire homes for sale
Kensington is a town in Rockingham County, New Hampshire, United States The population was 2,124 at the 2010 census1
- 1 History
- 2 Geography
- 3 Demographics
- 4 Notable people
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Once a parish of Hampton, Kensington was incorporated in 1737 by New Hampshire Governor Jonathan Belcher Of the 27 towns granted by Governor Belcher, only 3 were given names, one of which was Kensington, named for Baron Kensington, owner of Kensington Palace in London
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 120 square miles 31 km2, of which 119 sq mi 31 km2 is land and 008% is water Kensington is home to 16 named hills of glacial drumlin origin; the highest, Indian Ground Hill, located on the town's border with South Hampton, is 305 feet 93 m above sea level The majority of Kensington lies within the Piscataqua River watershed, via the Exeter River The southeast portion of town drains to Hampton Harbor via the Taylor and Hampton Falls rivers, and the southwest corner of the town drains to the Merrimack River2
|US Decennial Census4|
As of the census5 of 2000, there were 1,893 people, 657 households, and 532 families residing in the town The population density was 1584 people per square mile 612/km² There were 672 housing units at an average density of 562 per square mile 217/km² The racial makeup of the town was 9831% White, 011% African American, 021% Native American, 063% Asian, and 074% from two or more races
There were 657 households out of which 403% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 729% were married couples living together, 58% had a female householder with no husband present, and 189% were non-families 134% of all households were made up of individuals and 49% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older The average household size was 288 and the average family size was 318
In the town, the population was spread out with 278% under the age of 18, 50% from 18 to 24, 320% from 25 to 44, 254% from 45 to 64, and 98% who were 65 years of age or older The median age was 39 years For every 100 females there were 976 males For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 1000 males
The median income for a household in the town was $67,344, and the median income for a family was $72,679 Males had a median income of $56,023 versus $35,278 for females The per capita income for the town was $29,265 About 34% of families and 46% of the population were below the poverty line, including 51% of those under age 18 and 46% of those age 65 or over
- Dan Dailey, glass artistcitation needed
- James Bruce MacQuarrie, pilot of Pan Am Flight 103 which was blown up over Lockerbie, Scotland on 21 December 1988
- Hideaki Miyamura, studio potter
- Norman Muscarello, journalist John G Fuller wrote about Muscarello's alleged UFO sighting in his book the Incident at Exeter 1966
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kensington, New Hampshire|
- ^ United States Census Bureau, American FactFinder, 2010 Census figures Retrieved March 23, 2011
- ^ Foster, Debra H; Batorfalvy, Tatianna N; Medalie, Laura 1995 Water Use in New Hampshire: An Activities Guide for Teachers US Department of the Interior and US Geological Survey
- ^ "Annual Estimates of the Resident Population for Incorporated Places: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2015" Archived from the original on June 2, 2016 Retrieved July 2, 2016
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing" Censusgov Archived from the original on May 12, 2015 Retrieved June 4, 2016
- ^ "American FactFinder" United States Census Bureau Retrieved 2008-01-31
- Town of Kensington official website
- New Hampshire Economic and Labor Market Information Bureau Profile
|Adjacent places of Kensington, New Hampshire|
|East Kingston||Hampton Falls|
|South Hampton||South Hampton||Seabrook|
|County seat: Brentwood|
kensington new hampshire homes for sale, kensington new hampshire hotels, kensington new hampshire library, kensington new hampshire map, kensington new hampshire police department, kensington new hampshire real estate, kensington new hampshire restaurants, kensington new hampshire town hall, kensington new hampshire weather, kensington new hampshire zip code
Kensington, New Hampshire Information about
Kensington, New Hampshire
Kensington, New Hampshire
Kensington, New Hampshire viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.