KDevelopkdevelop, kdevelop tutorial
KDevelop is a free software integrated development environment IDE for Unix-like computer operating systems and Microsoft Windows It provides editing, navigation and debugging features for several programming languages, and integration with build automation and version-control systems, using a plugin-based architecture4
KDevelop is part of the KDE project, and is based on KDE Frameworks and Qt The C/C++ backend uses Clang to provide accurate information even for very complex codebases
- 1 History
- 2 Features
- 3 See also
- 4 Further reading
- 5 References
- 6 External links
KDevelop 01 was released in 1998,6 with 10 following in late 19997 1x and 2x were developed over a period of four years from the original codebase Bernd Gehrmann started a complete rewrite and announced KDevelop 3x in March 20018 Its first release was together with K Desktop Environment 32 in February 2004, and development of KDevelop 3x continued until 2008
KDevelop 4x, another complete rewrite with a more object-oriented programming model,9 was developed from August 2005 and released as KDevelop 400 in May 201010 The last feature update of this branch was version 470 in September 2014,11 with bugfix releases continuing until KDevelop 474 in December 201612
KDevelop 5 development began in August 2014 as a continuation of the 4x codebase, ported to Qt5 and KDE Frameworks 513 The custom C++ parser used in earlier versions, which had poor support for C++11 syntax, was replaced by a new Clang-based backend The integrated CMakeFile interpreter was also removed in favour of JSON metadata produced by the upstream CMake tool
The first stable 5x release was KDevelop 500 in August 201614 In October 2016, official Microsoft Windows builds were released for the first time15
|This article needs to be updated Please update this section to reflect recent events or newly available information May 2011|
KDevelop uses an embedded text editor component through the KPart framework The default editor is KDE Advanced Text Editor, which can optionally be replaced with a Qt Designer-based editor This list focuses on the features of KDevelop itself For features specific to the editor component, see the article on Kate
- Source code editor with syntax highlighting and automatic indentation Kate
- C/C++ language is now supported with a Clang's backend as of KDevelop-50
- Project management for different project types, such as Automake, CMake, qmake for Qt based projects and Ant for Java based projects
- Class browser
- GUI Designer
- Front-end for the GNU Compiler Collection and GNU Debugger
- Wizards to generate and update class definitions and application framework
- Automatic code completion C/C++
- Built-in Doxygen support
- Revision control also known as SCM support Supported systems include CVS, Subversion, Perforce, ClearCase, Git, Mercurial, and Bazaar
KDevelop 4 is a completely plugin-based architecture When a developer makes a change, they only must compile the plugin There is a possibility to keep several profiles each of which determines which plugins to be loaded KDevelop does not come with a text editor, but instead uses a plugin for this purpose as well KDevelop is programming language independent and build system-independent, supporting KDE, GNOME, and many other technologies such as Qt, GTK+, and wxWidgets
KDevelop has supported a variety of programming languages, including C, C++, Perl, Python, PHP, Java, Fortran, Ruby, Ada, Pascal, SQL, and Bash scripting Supported build systems include GNU automake, cmake, qmake, and make for custom projects KDevelop does not destroy user Makefiles if they are used and scripting projects which don't need one
Code completion is available for C and C++ Symbols are kept in a Berkeley DB file for quick lookups without re-parsing KDevelop also offers a developer framework which helps to write new parsers for other programming languages
An integrated debugger allows graphically doing all debugging with breakpoints and backtraces It even works with dynamically loaded plugins unlike command line GDB
Quick Open allows quick navigation between files
Currently, around 50 to 100 plugins exist for this IDE Major ones include persistent project-wide code bookmarks, Code abbreviations which allow expanding text quickly, a Source formatter which reformats code to a style guide before saving, Regular expressions search, and project-wide search/replace which helps in refactoring code
- Comparison of integrated development environments
- Qt Creator
- List of KDE applications
- Freehackers interview with KDevelop team
- KDE programming tutorial using KDevelop
- ^ "KDevelop – News of 1999" KDE 1999-12-06 Archived from the original on 2003-06-21 Retrieved 2012-12-27
- ^ "extragear-kdevelop" KDE Localization Retrieved 2013-09-22
- ^ "COPYING · rKDEVELOP" phabricatorkdeorg
- ^ a b "What's new in KDevelop 50" Personal Blog of Kevin Funk 2016-08-23 Retrieved 2017-01-17
- ^ "ANNOUNCE: kdevelop-01targz" KDE 1998-09-22 Retrieved 2013-09-22
- ^ "Kdevelop 10 released - Slashdot" techslashdotorg Retrieved 2017-01-17
- ^ "A new IDE for a new millennium" KDE 2001-03-30 Retrieved 2013-09-22
- ^ "KDevelop4 moved" Retrieved 29 November 2009
- ^ "Finally KDevelop 40 final published" 1 May 2010 Retrieved 2010-05-01
- ^ "KDevelop 470 Released"
- ^ "KDevelop 474 released | KDevelop" wwwkdeveloporg Retrieved 2017-01-17
- ^ "KDevelop master now depends on KDE Frameworks 5!"
- ^ "KDevelop 500 release | KDevelop" wwwkdeveloporg Retrieved 2017-01-17
- ^ "KDevelop for Windows: Official 501 beta installer available now | KDevelop" wwwkdeveloporg Retrieved 2017-01-17
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to KDevelop|
- Official website
|C and C++||
Italics indicate software no longer in development
kdevelop, kdevelop dark theme, kdevelop download, kdevelop fortran, kdevelop icon, kdevelop install, kdevelop php, kdevelop plug-ins, kdevelop tutorial, kdevelop ubuntu
KDevelop Information about
KDevelop viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.