KBCS-FM 913 FM is a public radio station serving the Puget Sound region of Seattle, Washington, United States, and broadcasts in HD Radio1 at 913 MHz with an effective radiated power of 8,000 watts A public service of Bellevue College, the 913 KBCS studios are located on the campus in the city of Bellevue, Washington The station can be heard as far north as Marysville, Washington in Snohomish County, but it is trickier to pick up because of co-channel interference from CJZN in Victoria, British Columbia
A student sit-in protest led to the creation of the station KBCS-FM went on the air on Monday, February 5, 1973 with 10 watts of power utilizing used equipment donated by Dorothy Stimson Bullitt of KING-FM It remained student-run until 1988 when Bellevue College administrators hired a general manager for the station and adopted a community radio model Over time, the station became self-sustaining, funded primarily by listener donations
A very wide variety of music, including electronic dance music, Funk, Latin Music, Brazilian, Underground Hip Hop, Blues, Gospel Music, Music of Asia, African Music, Reggae, Classical Music, world, jazz and Americana, is heard on 913 KBCS, as well as local and national news and information It is managed by a small staff, along with over 150 volunteer hosts, producers, journalists and administrators The station offers training in broadcast production and journalism to the public KBCS has launched the careers of a number of noted regional and national public radio professionals
- Community radio
- ^ http://hdradiocom/station_guides/widgetphpid=11 HD Radio Guide for Seattle-Tacoma
- Bill Virgin 2006-08-17 "On Radio: What to do with all those shows" Seattle P-I
- Nicole Tsong 2009-08-17 "Eclectic KBCS-FM overhauls programming as listener interest wanes" The Seattle Times
- Mark Rahner 2006-06-08 "What in the world will they play next" Seattle Times
- Catherine Spangler Spring 2008 "A Brief History of KBCS" RadioActivity: News, Updates & Musical Musings from KBCS 913 FM
- KBCS July 2009 "KBCS Program Changes FAQ" Press Release
- Brian J Barr 2009-11-17 "KBCS: Staying Afloat" Seattle Weekly
- Community Radio - KBCS
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KBCS
- Radio-Locator information on KBCS
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KBCS
|by AM frequency||
|by FM frequency||
|NOAA Weather Radio
|1 Travelers' information station for WSDOT Satellite radio local traffic/weather XM Channel 221 Sirius Channel 156 Nearby radio markets Northwest Washington Portland Vancouver, BC Victoria & Mid Island Wenatchee Yakima See also List of radio stations in Washington|
kbc.sonyliv.com, kbcs 91.3, kbcs live stream, kbcs playlist, kbcs pta, kbcs radio, kbcsony, kbcsports.com, www.kbcsony.com, www.kbcsony.com today question
KBCS Information about
KBCS viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.