Kasangakasanga music, kasanga songs
Kasanga, known as Bismarckburg during the German colonial rule, is a town in Rukwa Region, Tanzania It is located at around 8°27′30″S 31°8′10″E / 845833°S 3113611°E / -845833; 3113611, on the shore of Lake Tanganyika, 810 m above sea level
- 1 History
- 2 Transport
- 3 Literature
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
A research station Forschungsstation, the ruins of which are still visible, was founded in 1888 during the German colonial period by the explorer Ludwig Wolf and the German East Africa Company The settlement was named after Otto von Bismarck In 1893 Anton Reichenow published Die Vogelfauna Der Umgegend von Bismarckburg The Birdfauna of the Bismarckburg region in Berlin, an important source of information about birdlife in the area for this period The research station's charter was repealed in 1894 during administrative reforms and the German colonial regime set up a first rate education system in the area According to the 1920 Deutsches Kolonial-Lexikon the town was for a long time the seat of the regional military district the Militärbezirk On 1 April 1913 it became the seat of the district office Bezirksamts The city's small port now known as Kala was formerly known as Wissmannhafen German: Wißmannhafen after Hermann von Wissmann, the colony's first commissioner and governor; it serviced small steamers on Lake Tanganyika There were approximately 3900 inhabitants by 1913
Over 1914-1915 the town was the site of a minor incident in the East African Campaign World War I In September 1914 a small German military unit had sallied across the border into British Northern Rhodesia and attacked Abercorn A British flotilla, consisting of the Mimi, Toutou, HMS Fifi and Vengeur was organised on Lake Tanganyika to support the land forces of the British army marching north from Northern Rhodesia in May On 5 June 1915 the flotilla arrived off Bismarckburg Finding the harbour defended by a German fort, Lieutenant-Commander Geoffrey Spicer-Simson decided not to attack, and withdrew to Kituta This allowed the German Imperial Army the Reichsheer to escape in a fleet of dhows, an act that provoked the anger of the army commander, Lieutenant-Colonel Murray The British army and the naval expeditionary force entered Bismarckburg on 8 June, where Spicer-Simson was chastened to learn that the fort's guns were in fact wooden dummies In 1918 the German General Paul Emil von Lettow-Vorbeck and his remarkable Schutztruppe army of Askaris surrendered nearby at Abercorn
After 1920 the British Mandate regime of Tanganyika Territory dropped the German name of the town and changed it to Kasanga In 2008 a major investment revamp of the harbour facilities was announced, with the hope of cashing in on trade opportunities with neighbouring Congo and ZambiaVillage near Bismarckburg German East Africa during colonial times painting by Rudolf Hellgrewe Coat of arms of German East Africa
In 2014, a railway branch line to Kasanga was proposed  This line would connect with the intention to connect with the Tanzam line giving access to Dar es Salaam
- Heinrich Schnee, Deutsches Koloniallexikon, Bd 1 - 3, Leipzig 1920
- Meyers Enzyklopädisches Lexikon
- Der große Weltatlas, Kartographisches Institut Bertelsmann, Gütersloh 1963
- Kiester, Edwin, An Incomplete History of World War I, Murdoch Books, 2007 mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflinkISBN 1-74045-970-9
- Foden, Giles, Mimi and Toutou Go Forth: The Bizarre Battle for Lake Tanganyika Penguin, 2005, ISBN 0-141-00984-5
- Railway stations in Tanzania
- ^ Deutsches Kolonial-Lexikon 1920, Stichwort Bismarckburg
- ^ Kiester, Edwin, An Incomplete History of World War I, Murdoch Books, 2007, page 85
- ^ Peti Siyame, "Govt rehabilitates Kasanga harbour" in Tanzania Standard Newspapers 2 January 2008
- ^ "Archived copy" Archived from the original on 2015-04-02 Retrieved 2015-03-31CS1 maint: archived copy as title link
- Deutsches Kolonial-Lexikon 1920, Stichwort Bismarckburg
kasanga mulwa, kasanga music, kasanga songs, kasanga studio, kasanga uganda, kasanga youtube, kasangas gospel music, kasangati people arrest, kasangga kahit kailan full movie
Kasanga Information about
Kasanga viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.