Karol Piegza 9 October 1899 – 3 February 1988 was a Polish teacher, writer, folklorist, photographer, and painter from Zaolzie region of Cieszyn Silesia
Piegza was born in Lazy Orlová the son of a coal miner He worked at coal mining for a time when he was 14 It was in the coal mining colony in Lazy where he first listened to the stories and fables told by coal miners That experience influenced his future life and inspired his works until 1945
At the beginning of 1918 Piegza was conscripted into the Austro-Hungarian Army and sent to the Italian Front of World War I
After the war he was active in the social life and several organizations before World War II He graduated from a school for teachers in Cieszyn-Bobrek and eventually worked as a teacher at Polish schools in Zaolzie — in Lazy Orlová, Orlová, Stonava, and after the war in Jablunkov He was also a principal of schools in Lazy, Stonava, and Jablunkov
During World War II Piegza was incarcerated in Nazi concentration camps in Dachau and Mauthausen-Gusen
After the war Piegza settled in Jablunkov where he became a principal of the Polish school from 1945 to 1960 and worked in a local branch of PZKO Polish Cultural and Educational Union He was instrumental in organizing the first Gorolski Święto festival in 1948, which presented the culture and traditions of the local people Piegza was fascinated by the culture and traditions of Cieszyn Silesia and was a keen collector of everything related to regional culturemw-parser-output templatequotemw-parser-output templatequote templatequotecite
I'm just an ordinary teacher-pensioner who came to like local folklore, so when I write, paint, or photograph something, I do it from my passion, to save the remnants of Silesian folklore and culture from oblivion— Karol Piegza
He wrote his works in literary Polish and in the local dialect His works often focus on regional folklore and regional fables, most often those of the local Gorals After his death in Jablunkov, the Karol Piegza Small Regional Museum in Bukowiec was opened
- Malarze śląscy 1937
- Kozubowa 1939
- Ceramika cieszyńska 1971
- Komedianci 1979
- Cieszyńskie skrzynie malowane 1983
Short stories collections
- Sękaci ludzie 1963, 1979 and 2019
- Opowiadania beskidzkie 1971
- Tam pod Kozubową 1974
- Echa spod hałdy 1975
- Hawiyrski bojki 1952
- Gajdosz z Kurajki 1953
- Toporem pisane 1955
- Nowele beskidzkie 1961
- ^ Richter 2000, 28
- ^ Sikora 1993, 20
- ^ Szpyrc, Antoni July 2012 "Pierwsze było w 1948 roku Święto Góralskie" Zwrot: 20–21mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ Richter 2000, 30
- Málková, Iva; Svatava Urbanová 2001 Literární slovník severní Moravy a Slezska 1945-2000 Olomouc: Votobia ISBN 80-7198-515-5
- Radłowska-Obrusnik, Martyna; Otylia Toboła 1997 Leksykon PZKO Czeski Cieszyn: Zarząd Główny PZKO OCLC 189531468
- Richter, Leszek 2000 "Karol Piegza" Těšínsko 43 3: 28–30
- Sikora, Władysław 1993 Pisarze Zaolzia Czeski Cieszyn: Wydawnictwo Olza przy Radzie Polaków OCLC 233485106
Karol Piegza Information about
Karol Piegza viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.