Karl Holz (Nazi)karl holz nazis
World War II
- Battle of Nuremberg †
Karl Holz 27 December 1895 in Nuremberg – 20 April 1945 in Nuremberg was a German Nazi Party politician He was Gauleiter of Gau Franconia and rose to the rank of Gruppenführer in the Sturmabteilung SA
He was born the fifth child of a heliographer, also named Karl Holz He finished Volksschule and an apprenticeship as a salesman, working thereafter as a clerk
During World War I, Holz served in a number of Prussian units between 1915 and 1918: Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment 16, Infanterie-Regiment 144, Infanterie-Regiment 79, and Jäger-Regiment 2 on the Western Front He sustained a number of wounds After the war ended, he returned in September 1919 and took a job as an official in Nuremberg In 1920 he joined the German-Socialist Party Deutschsozialistische Partei In 1921 its chairman, Julius Streicher joined the Nazi Party NSDAP, bringing with him enough members of the German-Socialist Party to almost double the size of the NSDAP overnight Holz officially joined the Nazi Party on 11 November 1922 and his membership number was 77 Holz joined the Sturmabteilung SA
Quite early on, Holz established a close relationship with Streicher In 1924, Holz was elected to Nuremberg City Council, which he quit the following year Between 1927 and 1933, he held the post of editor-in-chief of Der Stürmer, Streicher's anti-Semitic weekly newspaper In 1933 he was given the position of ministerial adviser
As of 1 January 1934, Holz operated as Streicher's representative in his capacity as Gauleiter of Franconia In July 1934, Holz was appointed NSDAP Kreis leader of Nuremberg-town, and in November was promoted to the rank of SA-Brigadeführer
In 1940, in connection with the Streicher irregularities involving the Aryanization of Jewish assets, Holz was temporarily stripped of all his offices Appointed Reich Defence Commissar of Franconia as of November 1942, he was also assigned the Gau leadership on 8 March 1943 Although Streicher was still Gauleiter, Adolf Hitler appointed Holz as such in November 1944
After American troops of the 3rd Infantry Division had all but taken Nuremberg on 18 April 1945, Holz barricaded himself in the Palmenhofbunker at the Nuremberg Police Presidium along with a small group, among whom was the city's mayor, Willy Liebel It has been assumed that Holz shot Liebel in the Palmenhofbunker owing to the latter's efforts to surrender the city to put a stop to the fighting, and because there had been a rivalry between the two men for years over who should have the power within the local Nuremberg Nazi Party Holz met his own end in the same place on 20 April – coincidentally Hitler's birthday – but whether it was suicide or an injury sustained in the battle is unknown
Akin to his predecessor as Gauleiter, Julius Streicher, Holz boasted many penalties for political crimes by his own count 17, and among those 5 prison sentences The Gauleiter office in Upper Franconia, which was already much striven-after even before the Nazis seized power, was successfully disputed by the Bayreuth Kreisleiter Hans Schemm, despite Streicher's support for Holz
- ^ Evans 2003, p 188
- ^ Rees 2017, p 23
- ^ "Holz, Karl" verwaltungshandbuchbayerische-landesbibliothek-onlinede in German Bayerische Landesbibliothek Retrieved 20 April 2016mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- Evans, Richard J 2003 The Coming of the Third Reich New York: Penguin ISBN 0-14-303469-3CS1 maint: ref=harv link
- Fest, Joachim 1974 Hitler New York: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Inc ISBN 0-15-141650-8CS1 maint: ref=harv link
- Miller, Michael D and Schulz, Andreas 2012 Gauleiter: The Regional Leaders of the Nazi Party and Their Deputies, 1925-1945 Herbert Albreacht-H Wilhelm Huttmann-Volume 1, R James Bender Publishing ISBN 978-1932970210
- Rees, Laurence 2017 The Holocaust: A New History New York: PublicAffairs ISBN 978-1-61039-844-2CS1 maint: ref=harv link
|Reichsstatthalter of Bavaria||
|Ministers-Presidents of Bavaria||
|Gauleiter of Bavaria||
|SS leaders of Bavaria||
karl holz nazis
Karl Holz (Nazi) Information about
Karl Holz (Nazi)
Karl Holz (Nazi)
Karl Holz (Nazi) viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.