Karl Deutschkarl deutsch, karl deutsch ultrasonic
Karl Wolfgang Deutsch 21 July 1912 – 1 November 1992 was a social and political scientist from Prague His work focused on the study of war and peace, nationalism, co-operation and communication He is also well known for his interest in introducing quantitative methods and formal system analysis and model-thinking into the field of political and social sciences, and is one of the best known social scientists of the 20th century
Born into a Jewish German-speaking family in Prague on July 21, 1912 when the city was part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire, Deutsch became a citizen of Czechoslovakia after World War I His mother Maria Leopoldina Scharf Deutsch1 was a Social Democrat, and the first woman to be elected to the Czechoslovak parliament 1918 where she became known for her resistance to Nazism His father Martin Morritz Deutsch owned an optical shop on Prague's Wenceslas Square, and was also active in the Czechoslovak Social Democratic Worker's Party His uncle Julius Deutsch was an important political leader in the Social Democratic Party of Austria
Karl studied Law at the German University at Prague, where he graduated in 1934 He discontinued further studies as his overt anti-Nazi stance caused opposition by pro-Nazi students Karl married his wife Ruth Slonitz in 1936, and after spending two years in England, returned to Prague where due to his former Anti-Nazi activities, he could not return to the German University He instead joined its Czech counterpart, the Charles University, where he obtained a law degree in international and canon law and a PhD in Political Sciences in 1938 That same year, which saw the Munich Agreement allowing German troops to enter the Sudetenland, he and his wife did not return from a trip to the United States In 1939 Deutsch obtained a scholarship to carry out advanced studies at Harvard University where he received a second PhD in political science in 1951
During World War II he worked for the Office of Strategic Services, and participated as a graduate student in the San Francisco conference that resulted in the creation of the United Nations in 1945 Deutsch taught at several universities; first at MIT from 1943 to 1956; then at Yale University until 1967; and again at Harvard until 1982 He served as Stanfield Professor of International Peace at Harvard, a position he held until his death
Deutsch worked extensively on cybernetics, on the application of simulation and system dynamics models to the study of social, political, and economic problems, known as wicked problems He built upon earlier efforts at world modeling such as those advanced and advocated by authors of the Club of Rome such as Limits to Growth by Donella Meadows, et al 1972 He introduced new concepts such as security community to the literature
He held several other prestigious positions; he was a member of the board of World Society Foundation in Zürich, Switzerland from 1984 onwards He was also elected President of the American Political Science Association in 1969, of the International Political Science Association in 1976, and of the Society for General Systems Research in 1983 From 1977 to 1987, he was Director of the Social Science Research Center Berlin Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung, WZB in Berlin
He died in Cambridge, Massachusetts on November 1, 1992 He has two daughters, Mary D Edsall, a writer wife of Thomas Edsall, and Margaret D Carroll, an art historian, and three grandchildren, Alexandra Edsall, Sophia Carroll, and Samuel Carroll
- Security community
- Karl Deutsch Award by International Political Science Association
- Karl Deutsch Award by International Studies Association
- Nationalism and Social Communication ISBN 0-262-04002-6, 1953, 1966 — from a dissertation at Harvard
- The Nerves of Government: Models of Political Communication and Control ISBN 0-02-907280-8
- Arms Control and the Atlantic Alliance ASIN 0B0006D7HXO
- The Analysis of International Relations ISBN 0-13-033225-9
- Nationalism and its Alternatives ISBN 0-394-43763-2
- Politics and Government ISBN 0-395-17840-1
- Tides Among Nations ISBN 0-02-907300-6
- Voyage of the Mind, 1930–1980 an autobiographical sketch
- ^ http://wwwpspcz/cgi-bin/eng/eknih/1920ns/ps/tisky/t2611_06htm
- Politik mit wachen Sinnen betreiben! Eine Erinnerung an Karl W Deutsch 1912–1992 mit Beiträgen von Volker Hauff, Dieter Senghaas und Charles L Taylor WZB-Vorlesungen 4 pdf 2003, Berlin WZB-Mitteilungen 99 · März 2003
- Back cover of book Problemas para el modelo del mundo Spanish edition, 1990, of Karl W Deutsch editor 1977 Problems of world modelling Universidad Externado de Colombia, Fondo Cultural CEREC, 1990 Bogotá, Colombia
- Merritt, Richard L; Russett, Bruce M; Dahl, Robert A Karl Wolfgang Deutsch July 21, 1912 – November 1, 1992 Biographical Memoirs National Academy of Sciences
- Kristof, Nicholas D "The Best Political Scientist in the World Goes on Half-Time, Still an Optimist" The Harvard Crimson, May 23, 1979
- Karl W Deutsch special section in the Czech Sociological Review Articles on KW Deutsch by Miroslav Hroch, Andrei S Markovits, Dieter Senghaas, Charles L Taylor and Peter J Katzenstein in the Czech Sociological Review 6 / 2012 on the occasion of the centenary of his birth
karl deutsch, karl deutsch 3815.110, karl deutsch davis monthan, karl deutsch international relations, karl deutsch nationalism, karl deutsch rmg 4015 crack depth gauge, karl deutsch social mobilization, karl deutsch theory, karl deutsch ultrasonic, karl deutsch wikipedia
Karl Deutsch Information about
Karl Deutsch viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.