Kaleem Shahkaleem shah, kaleem shah net worth
Kaleem Shah born July 6, 1962 is an American entrepreneur, computer engineer and owner of Thoroughbred race horses He is known for founding the IT and telecommunications consulting firm CALNET Born in India, educated in India and the United States, he became a US citizen in the early 1990s He is the son of Indian horse trainer Majeed Shah
- 1 Background
- 2 CALNET
- 3 Horse racing
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Shah was born in Bellary, in southern India His father, Majeed Shah, was a well-known thoroughbred horse trainer in the country who trained two Indian Triple Crown winners Shah grew up surrounded by horse training and racing, and his exposure grew into a lifelong love of the sport However, his father discouraged him from becoming a horse trainer due to the hand-to-mouth existence of all but the very top individuals His father's advice to him was "should you be blessed with good fortune, if you want to own horses down the road, so be it”
Shah earned a BS in electrical engineering from Bangalore University in India He went on to earn a Master of Science in computer engineering from Clemson University, and an MBA in international finance from George Washington University
After earning his bachelor's degree in 1985, Shah came to the United States to pursue his master's degree Going on to earn an MBA, he thereafter settled in the United States, working as a software programmer for Telenet He became a US citizen in the early 1990s, giving up his Indian citizenship Shah is known for his patriotism, and has stated that he is committed to the defense of America
Shah founded CALNET in 1989 as a solo consultant with less than $3,000 in capital He obtained his first contract that year from General Electric to provide Diagnostic Software Development services for a Telecommunication System The company is headquartered in Reston, Virginia with a branch office in San Diego, California Today the company "provides intelligence analysis, language, and information technology IT consulting services to government, telecom, financial, public sector, high-tech, and services organizations" in the United States and internationally The company provides services to both private businesses and the United States military As of 2014[update], he is still the President and CEO Shah has chosen not to take the company public because he prefers it to “remain agile"
Following the September 11 Attacks in 2001, the US government became the company's main client and provided support services to the armed forces The company was ranked by Inc Magazine as one of America's 500 fastest growing companies from 2006 through 2009 From 2010 through 2013, the company grew by 705 percent In 2007 CALNET obtained a $66 million contract with the Intelligence and Security Command INSCOM to provide linguist services at Guantanamo Bay and another $104 million to train Defense and military personnel However, in 2012, he was required to repay the government $181 million when a former employee alleged that CALNET had inflated its cost estimates between 2006 and 2009
On September 13, 2017, Calnet, and its chief executive officer, Kaleem Shah, agreed to pay $300,000 to the US Government The settlement resolves a qui tam complaint filed against Calnet and Shah that allege that Calnet misrepresented its past private sector experience in providing help desk services in its proposal to win a 2009 FAA contract for IT help desk services 
Horse racingmw-parser-output tmulti thumbinnermw-parser-output tmulti trowmw-parser-output tmulti tsinglemw-parser-output tmulti theadermw-parser-output tmulti thumbcaptionmw-parser-output tmulti thumbcaption-centermw-parser-output tmulti text-align-leftmw-parser-output tmulti text-align-rightmw-parser-output tmulti text-align-center@media all and max-width:720pxmw-parser-output tmulti trowmw-parser-output tmulti tsinglemw-parser-output tmulti thumbcaption}Shah's Grade I winner BayernStars-and-Stripes themed racing silks of Kaleem Shah
Shah is an avid Thoroughbred horse owner and breeder His father and uncle were both horse trainers in his native India, though he was encouraged to stay away from the track and get an education instead of following his family's profession Once in the United States, he bought his first interest in a Thoroughbred in 1996 Reflecting his patriotism, his racing colors are designed with US stars and stripes-themed red, white and blue He first raced horses on a small scale in Maryland with trainer Jimmy Murphy, and later with Dale Capuano He then used Doug O'Neill to train his horses on the west coast and currently has horses in training with Bob Baffert at Santa Anita Park Shah also stands a stallion, Concord Point, at Hill 'n' Dale Farms in Kentucky Concord Point won the 2010 West Virginia Derby and Iowa Derby Shah's other winners include May Day Rose, winner of the 2011 Santa Ysabel Stakes and the Railbird Stakes; Edens Moon, who won the Grade 1 Las Virgenes Stakes at Santa Anita in 2012 and the Grade 2 San Clemente Handicap at Del Mar, CA; and Fed Biz, winner of the Grade 2 San Fernando Stakes at Santa Anita in 2013 In 2014, Bayern became his most successful winner to date, having won the Grade I Haskell Invitational Stakes, Pennsylvania Derby and the Breeders' Cup Classic in 2014 In 2015 he won the Santa Anita Derby with Dortmund, who also placed third in the 2015 Kentucky Derby
- ^ a b c d e f Hovdey, Jay "For owner Kaleem Shah, racing is in the blood" DRFcom Retrieved 7 May 2013mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-right
- ^ a b c d e "Kaleem Shah" National Thoroughbred Racing Association Archived from the original on 23 September 2015 Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ Shah, Kaleem September 18, 2014 "Message from CEO" CALNET Archived from the original on March 8, 2015 Retrieved September 21, 2014
- ^ a b "Company Overview of CALNET, Inc - Snapshot" Bloomberg Businessweek Retrieved September 21, 2014
- ^ "Company Overview of CALNET, Inc CEO and Executives" Bloomberg Businessweek Retrieved September 21, 2014
- ^ a b c Moran, Andrew "Defense industry focusing on cybersecurity amid breaches" Digital Journal Retrieved 7 May 2013
- ^ Censer, Marjorie June 1, 2012 "Calnet settles allegations of overbilling for $181 million" Washington Post Retrieved September 21, 2014
- ^ https://wwwoigdotgov/library-item/36193
- ^ https://wwwjusticegov/usao-edva/pr/government-contractor-and-ceo-settle-civil-fraud-allegations
- ^ Grening, David September 20, 2014 "Bayern sets track record in Pennsylvania Derby triumph" Daily Racing Form Retrieved September 21, 2014
- ^ http://wwwequibasecom/profiles/Resultscfmtype=Horse&refno=9371396®istry=T
kaleem shah, kaleem shah family, kaleem shah horse racing, kaleem shah horses, kaleem shah lubna shah, kaleem shah muslim, kaleem shah net worth, kaleem shah vs bob baffert, kaleem shaheed colony no.1, kaleem shaheed park
Kaleem Shah Information about
Kaleem Shah viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.