Kalasipalyamkalasipalyam pin code, kalasipalyam bus stand
Kalasipalyam also spelled Kalasipalayam or kalasipalya is a locality in the central part of Bangalore, Karnataka, India, and one of the older and most congested places in the city The locality is home to landmarks such as Bangalore Fort and Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace The area is known for its high traffic congestion and unhygienic conditions of roads
- 1 History
- 2 Transportation system
- 3 Markets and religious sites
- 4 See also
- 5 References
Kalasipalyam is said to have been created in the latter half of the 18th century during Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan's rule over Bangalore during which period the city was expanded The expansion to the east of the fort came to be known as Kalasipalyam; kalasi means "tent-pitchers and organizers of military camps" and palya means an area of land ruled by a chieftain
The area has become a transport hub in recent years, with the Kalasipalyam Bus Station serving thousands of intra-city and outstation buses, and an estimated 800,000 passengers per day Apart from the state-run KSRTC and BMTC buses, hundreds of private buses to southern states of Kerala and Tamil Nadu originate at the station The station was said to have been constructed in the 1920s The bus station is infamous for its garbage dumping, open urinals and muddy ground In 2016, it was announced that the BMTC would replace the existing bus station, which was plagued by craters and filth, with a new terminal at a cost of ₹60 crore and ready for operation in two years
In June 2017, the K R Market station of Namma Metro's Green Line was opened for operation The station serves the Kalasipalyam area and was labelled as the "gateway to Pete areas" Apart from the fort and the palace, the station is surrounded by Bangalore Medical College, Victoria Hospital, Vanivilas Hospital, Minto Eye Hospital, Kalasipalyam Bus Station and K R Market
Markets and religious sites
Kalasipalyam is also a market hub with K R Market located in the area and the Pete area located in close proximity The locality is said to have been of religious importance to Hindus and Muslims who believed it to be the place where saints walked The Kote Venkataramana Temple and the Kote Jalakantheshwara temple are situated on the Krishnarajendra Road in Kalasipalyam
- History of Bangalore
- ^ a b c B R, Rohith 26 January 2013 "A chaotic gateway to Bangalore" The Economic Times Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ Nagendra, Harini 2 February 2017 "What Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan had to do with Bangalore's love affair with trees" scrollin Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ a b Ramesh, Rohan; M, Shrinivasa 29 December 2016 "Bus karo! We've had enough of Kalasipalyam!" Deccan Chronicle Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ "Bengaluru's Road-runner" Bangalore Mirror 7 February 2017 Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ Madhu Kumar, Bhukker 2 March 2016 "Dust from muddy roads adds to Kalasipalyam woes" Deccan Herald Retrieved 7 September 2017
- ^ "Swanky bus terminal at Kalasipalyam promises to end travellers' troubles" Deccan Herald 19 August 2016 Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ a b Menezes, Naveen 19 April 2017 "Kalasipalyam in for a makeover, thanks to Namma Metro" The Economic Times Retrieved 22 August 2017
- ^ "KR Market metro station to showcase heritage of locality" The Hindu 22 January 2017 Retrieved 28 August 2017
|Places of worship||
kalasipalyam bangalore, kalasipalyam bangalore map, kalasipalyam bus stand, kalasipalyam karaga, kalasipalyam map, kalasipalyam pin code, kalasipalyam to jp nagar
Kalasipalyam Information about
Kalasipalyam viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.