Josef Valčíkjosef valčík, josef gabčík jan kubiš and josef valčík
Josef Valčík pronounced ; 2 November 1914 – 18 June 1942 was a Czechoslovak British-trained soldier and member of the Resistance in German-occupied Czechoslovakia who took part in the firefight during the aftermath of the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich by Jozef Gabčík and Jan Kubiš, code named Operation Anthropoid
- 1 Operation Anthropoid
- 2 Family
- 3 Honours
- 4 See also
- 5 References
SS-Obergruppenführer Heydrich, a high-ranking German Nazi official, was chief of the Reich Main Security Office and one of the main architects of the Holocaust He was also Stellvertretender Reichsprotektor of Bohemia and Moravia in 1942
The Germans were unable to locate the attackers until Karel Čurda of the "Out Distance" sabotage group turned himself in to the Gestapo and gave them the names of the team's local contacts for the reward of one million Reichsmarks Valčík and the others died after a six-hour firefight with Waffen-SS troops and German police in the Saints Cyril and Methodius Cathedral
14 members of Valčík's family were arrested, brought to Mauthausen concentration camp and executed
- Parents Jan Valčík 1880-1942 and Veronika Valčík 1888-1942
- Brother Antonín Valčík 1919-1942 and sister Ludmila Valčíková 1923-1942
- Sister Terezia Beňová 1912-1942 with husband Jan Beňa 1908-1942
- Sister Marii Kolaříková 1917-1942 with husband Josef Kolařík 1914-1942
- Sister Františku Sívková 1911-1942 with husband František Sívek 1910-1942
- Brother Aloise Valčík 1908-1942 with wife Anna Valčíková 1907-1942
- Brother Emil Valčík 1909-1942 with wife Anna Valčíková 1911-1942
- 1942 – – Czechoslovak War Cross 1939–1945
- 1942 – – Second Czechoslovak War Cross 1939–1945 in memoriam
- 1944 – – Commemorative Medal of the Czechoslovak Army Abroad with France and Great Britain Bars
- 1945 – – Third Czechoslovak War Cross 1939–1945 in memoriam
- 1949 – – Czechoslovak Military Order for Freedom, Gold Star
- 1968 – – Order of the Red Banner
- 2010 – – Cross of Merit of the State Defense
- Operation Anthropoid
- German occupation of Czechoslovakia
- Resistance in German-occupied Czechoslovakia
- ^ Lisciotto, Carmelo 2009 "The Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich" The Holocaust Education & Archive Research Team Retrieved 10 May 2018mw-parser-output citecitationmw-parser-output citation qmw-parser-output id-lock-free a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-free amw-parser-output id-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output id-lock-registration a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-limited a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-registration amw-parser-output id-lock-subscription a,mw-parser-output citation cs1-lock-subscription amw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registrationmw-parser-output cs1-subscription span,mw-parser-output cs1-registration spanmw-parser-output cs1-ws-icon amw-parser-output codecs1-codemw-parser-output cs1-hidden-errormw-parser-output cs1-visible-errormw-parser-output cs1-maintmw-parser-output cs1-subscription,mw-parser-output cs1-registration,mw-parser-output cs1-formatmw-parser-output cs1-kern-left,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-leftmw-parser-output cs1-kern-right,mw-parser-output cs1-kern-wl-rightmw-parser-output citation mw-selflink
- ^ McDonald, Callum 1989 The Killing of Reinhard Heydrich: The SS Butcher of Prague New York City: Da Capo p 239 ISBN 978-0-306-80860-9 OCLC 722860441
- ^ Miroslav Šindelář 8 May 2010 "Udělení resortních vyznamenání" in Czech Praha: Czech Army Retrieved 27 June 2018
|This Czechoslovakia-related article is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
|This biographical article related to the military of the Czech Republic is a stub You can help Wikipedia by expanding it|
josef gabčík jan kubiš and josef valčík, josef valčík
Josef Valčík Information about
Josef Valčík viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.