John Radcliffe Hospitaljohn radcliffe hospital, john radcliffe hospital map
The John Radcliffe Hospital is a large tertiary teaching hospital in Oxford, England and a leading centre for medical research
It is the main teaching hospital for Oxford University and Oxford Brookes University, and incorporates the Oxford University Medical School
It forms part of the Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and is named after John Radcliffe, an 18th-century physician and Oxford University graduate, who endowed the Radcliffe Infirmary, the main hospital for Oxford from 1770 to 2007
- 1 History
- 2 Departments and units
- 3 Research
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The distinctive large white-tiled structure occupies a prominent position on Headington Hill, on the outskirts of Oxford, with commanding views of the city itself and over a large swathe of Oxfordshire
JR1: This was the initial hospital building, opened in 1972 It houses women's services and neonatology The second building, JR2, opened in 1979 and is much larger It contains most of the other specialist services for the region1
Other facilities were then added to the site, including the University of Oxford's Centre for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging fMRI of the Brain2
The West Wing: With the closure of the Radcliffe Infirmary and consolidation of the other hospital sites in Oxford, a further large expansion took place, undertaken by Carillion and completed in December 2006 This new complex, known as the West Wing, involved the construction of the new Oxford Children's Hospital, the relocated Oxford Eye Hospital, and the departments of neurosciences/head and neck and of Ear Nose & Throat ENT3 Her Majesty The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh officially commemorated the opening of the new West Wing and Children's Hospital at a special ceremony in late November 2008 in front of patients, staff, fundraisers and supporters who had helped raise the £15 million needed to build the Children's Hospital4
Departments and unitsedit
- Oxford Children's Hospital is located in the West Wing complex: it was opened in 20075
- Oxford Eye Hospital is located in the West Wing, on Level LG1, it transferred from the old Radcliffe Infirmary in 20076
- Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology NLO is located with the Oxford Eye Hospital in the West Wing; it was also transferred from the old Radcliffe Infirmary in 20077
The Oxford University Hospitals OUH are the NHS Host, with the University of Oxford as the Academic Partner, for one of the leading Biomedical Research Centres BRC in the UK The Oxford NIHR Biomedical Research Centre OxBRC was one of the 11 original BRCs in 2007, and was awarded £114 million by the UK Department of Health DH for its third tranche of research, to begin in April 2017 At the same time, the nearby Oxford Health NIHR BRC, also partnered by the University of Oxford, was awarded a further £12 million, bringing a total of £126 million in research funds to the city8
- List of hospitals in England
- Radcliffe Infirmary
- Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
- Thames Valley Health Innovation and Education Cluster
- ^ "It's time to celebrate 125 years of Oxford nursing" Oxford Mail 29 December 2015 Retrieved 27 October 2016
- ^ "Oxford Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain" Oxford University Retrieved 27 October 2016
- ^ On the roof of Oxford Children's Hospital Archived 18 February 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visit Oxfordshire
- ^ "Children's Hospital" Retrieved 28 October 2016
- ^ "Bust is missing but founder is remembered" Oxford Times 2 July 2009 Retrieved 28 October 2016
- ^ A brief history of the Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology Archived 2 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- ^ "£1265 million for Oxford medical research" My science 14 September 2016 Retrieved 28 October 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to The John Radcliffe Hospital|
- John Radcliffe information
Coordinates: 51°45′4970″N 1°13′75″W / 517638056°N 1218750°W / 517638056; -1218750
john radcliffe hospital, john radcliffe hospital accident and emergency, john radcliffe hospital address, john radcliffe hospital consultants, john radcliffe hospital jobs, john radcliffe hospital map, john radcliffe hospital oxford ward 7e, john radcliffe hospital parking, john radcliffe hospital phone number, john radcliffe hospital visiting hours
John Radcliffe Hospital Information about
John Radcliffe Hospital
John Radcliffe Hospital
John Radcliffe Hospital viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.