John R. Dunlapjohn r dunlap utk, david r dunlap
John Robertson Dunlap 1857 – June 5, 1937 was an American journalist, editor and publisher of engineering magazines and books1 He is known as founder of the Engineering Magazine in 1891,2 which in the early 20th century became the "quality magazine in the field of business management"3
- 1 Biography
- 2 Selected publications
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Born in Lexington, Kentucky to Henry Clay and La Belle Boyce Dunlap, Dunlap attended Linsly School in Wheeling, West Virginia He started working in civil engineering at the age of 18 in 18731
Dunlap came into prominence as president and general manager of the Daily Louisville Commercial in 1884, a journal published in Louisville, Kentucky from 1869 to 1902 In 1889 he moved to New York City, where he started his first magazine The India Rubber World,1 nowadays The India Rubber World and Electrical Trades Review, or shortly Rubber World4 He also founded the magazine Hardware in 1890, The Engineering Magazine in 1891, and The Engineering Index in 1895 The Engineering Magazine was renamed Industrial Management in 1916, and in 1917 the American Society of Mechanical Engineers acquired the Engineering Index In 1921 Dunlap started his last great project the Industry Illustrated magazine1
In 1891 Dunlap had founded the Engineering Magazine Company in New York, and became its chairman of the board Around 1917 this company merged into the McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Inc The Engineering Magazine Co also published over 40 books on industrial management issues, most noted the "Ford Methods and Ford Shops" by Horace L Arnold and Fay L Fauroto, which offered the first full description of Henry Ford's work1
- Dunlap, John R et al eds Engineering Magazine New York, The Engineering Magazine Co, 1891-1916
- Dunlap, John R et al eds Industrial management; the engineering magazine New York, The Engineering Magazine Co, 1916-1927
- Dunlap, John R, Arthur Van Vlissingen, and John M Carmody eds Factory and industrial management, New York, The Engineering Magazine Co, 1928-1929
- ^ a b c d e "John Dunlap dead: Long a publisher", The New York Times, June 6, 1937:
- ^ George Worthington 1966 Factory Vol 124, p 198
- ^ Business Week Part 3 1966, p 127
- ^ Jill Rohrer, "125th Anniversary celebrated", Rubber World, January 2014
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John R Dunlap|
- John R Dunlap Historic Saranac Lake wiki
david r dunlap, john r dunlap, john r dunlap utk
John R. Dunlap Information about
John R. Dunlap
John R. Dunlap
John R. Dunlap viewing the topic.
There are excerpts from wikipedia on this article and video
Our site has a system which serves search engine function.
You can search all data in our system with above button which written "What did you look for? "
Welcome to our simple, stylish and fast search engine system.
We have prepared this method why you can reach most accurate and most up to date knowladge. The search engine that developed for you transmits you to the latest and exact information with its basic and quick system.
You can find nearly everything data which found from internet with this system.